epson stylus cx3810 allin one printer

b2ttu

2 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
hi

i have epson stylus cx3810 all in one printer, i install driver for printer from epson site, printer works ,but scanner not working. do i need to install other software, if yes which. for mac os 10.4

I have this printer too and from what I've been able to find, there is no official support for it by Epson on Macs. The printer portion only works because the Gutenprint drivers (brought to us by Linux hackers if I'm not mistaken) support it. There may be a way to get the scanner to work using Xsane; try this link: Xsane on OS X. I've found that under Ubuntu 7.10, Xsane is highly compatible with the scanner portion of the printer, albeit with a maximum DPI of 600.

I hate to say it, but the best bet is probably one of the newer HP all-in-ones; they cost roughly the same as this printer and the print quality isn't bad. Best of all, HP generally has excellent support for Macs. Most also have camera card readers built-in that function as a mass storage device, which is a treat if you don't already have one.