USB not working not working for some devices (iPhone and other)

raphael_X

7 posts in this topic

Hey :) I have got a question about two things.. (I already tried search function :P)

I can't get my iPhone, or iPod to work, under USB in Leopard. Nothing happens when I plug it in, neither on Leopard, or iPhone itself..

Weirdly my (USB) Keyboard and Mouse are recognized without any problem.

I also get a: "EHCI controler unable to take control from BIOS".. I think it might be something with AppleUSBEHCI. But I have no idea how to fix it.. actually because of this message, i can't boot Leopard without "-f" function... I'm begging You for help.

The second thing is, that I constantly keep getting "forcedeth: packet 80000000 - 8000062e" messages in "system.log" by constantly I mean, about 5 messages per second! I think it seriously slows down my system... how I could get rid of it?

PS. I have Realtek's 8201CL controller for ethernet, I made it working by adding my device and vendor id to forcedeth-nockd.kext.

It would be sooo swell if You could help me! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with my USB. I was using Darwin 9.0.0 Vanilla and then switched to Darwin 9.1.0 ToH kernel. The ToH version fixed my USB but them my sleep didn't work. I then used the Darwin 9.1.0 Vanilla from the Kalyway 10.5.1 official release and USB + sleep works. I did not have to change AppleUSBEHCI.

Sorry I can't help you with your second problem...

Cheers.

Hey :P I have got a question about two things.. (I already tried search function :))

I can't get my iPhone, or iPod to work, under USB in Leopard. Nothing happens when I plug it in, neither on Leopard, or iPhone itself..

I also get a: "EHCI controler unable to take control from BIOS".. I think it might be something with AppleUSBEHCI. But I have no idea how to fix it.. actually because of this message, i can't boot Leopard without "-f" function... I'm begging You for help.

Infact in Toh release usb working in Kalway i have disabled in bios usb 2.0 controller because my pc go in kernel panic and starting only with -f

• 1 month later...
Hey :wacko: I have got a question about two things.. (I already tried search function :wacko:)

The second thing is, that I constantly keep getting "forcedeth: packet 80000000 - 8000062e" messages in "system.log" by constantly I mean, about 5 messages per second! I think it seriously slows down my system... how I could get rid of it?

PS. I have Realtek's 8201CL controller for ethernet, I made it working by adding my device and vendor id to forcedeth-nockd.kext.

It would be sooo swell if You could help me! Thanks

I have the same problem.

I have installed Leopard 10.5.1 trough Kalyway DVD and i have upgraded to 10.5.2 .

Usb works:

mouse, keyboard,usb flash disk, usb external disks are all recognized and working properly..

But unfortunately my iPhone doesnt get recognized...

Any solution?

I have the same problem.

I have installed Leopard 10.5.1 trough Kalyway DVD and i have upgraded to 10.5.2 .

Usb works:

mouse, keyboard,usb flash disk, usb external disks are all recognized and working properly..

But unfortunately my iPhone doesnt get recognized...

Any solution?

Update:

Everything works now!

My iPhone is being recognized by iTunes .

Latest iTunes (7.6.1) and 1.1.3 firmware on iPhone .

• 3 weeks later...

I have the latest iTunes, but that didn't help. I bypassed the iPhone dock and plugged my phone directly into the USB cable - nothing. I plugged it into one of the USB ports on my G15 - I get a warning that it doesn't have enough power for the device. I plugged it into the same port as my G15 - nothing.

It doesn't even charge the phone. No connection notice either. I installed 10.5.2 with the Zephyroth image, the latest TOH, 9.0.2 I think. Everything else seems to work fairly well, keyboard and wireless mouse. Is there anything I can try?