Video / Display

andrw

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I couldnt find an answer or guide to this... so i'll ask here.

I have an on-board gfx card, and i would like to change the display resolution (from 1024x768to 1152x864), and it seems i cant do that... it only shows 1024x786. Is there anything i can do? Install some drivers maybe?

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x29c2

Revision ID: 0x0002

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

If you're comfortable with modifying the boot plist, and assuming you don't have an LCD display with its native res matching the 1024x768 you mentioned, then I can offer come help.

My CRT dispay is running at 1280x1024x32 at 60 Hz without any card-specific driver running, only VESA specs. I cannot get a refresh rate faster then 60 Hz because my graphics card is seen by Darwin as having 14MB of VRAM instead of its actual 512MB. Why? Who knows.

Microsoft gets caned around the place as being an 'inferior' product, but compared to BSD/Darwin, when it comes to recognising graphics specs, it's blessed.

Bitterness aside, reply to this post and I, or others will be happy to get your resolution up a notch or two.

Cheers,

Andy.

Thanks for the reply, i really dont know what boot plist is, as i am pretty new to this, but if it will help me get other res. id like to try it. And yes, i dont have an LCD display *yet*.

So if you'll have some time to explain how can i modify that boot plist, i would really appreciate it.