Jump to content

ALC888 Audio stopped working.


ch0rx
 Share

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have a mobo (gigabyte p35-ds3l) with ALC888 onboard audio. I used ALC888Audio.mpkg to install the sound drivers. They worked flawlessly and I was jumping with joy, so I went to sleep (stayed up until 7:00 am getting leopard working) Well... I restarted when I woke up because I had frozen up iChat, and to my dismay guess what wasn't working. Yeah. So I clicked that package again and Re-installed it (despite the fact in "customize" it said 0bytes would be used) I have been scouring the internet all day now trying to find the solution. Please can someone try and help me out? I would appreciate it immensely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Same problem here ! Tried removing,re-installing. No joy. At time of first installation, the audio worked through the on-board speaker, but no mic,external inputs or outputs. The ALC888Audio package fixed everything and it worked perfectly for a few days. Today, for no reason, it stopped working. Now though, there is no sound at all !!! How can I see what's wrong and/or fix it ? Thanks all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I would like to comment and add what worked for me as well, I couldnt get ALC888.pkg to install that everyone linked me to, the one in the kaly build and iAtkos wouldn't work, so then I tried the Leopard4AllV2 dvd, slected my respective intel chipset under system drivers, as well as ALC888 under audio. Upon completion of the install, it went into the mac welcome video and my audio was working on my shuttle pc!!!! I have been trying to do this for months, but I wanted to confirm with people if youve tried everything on this site with codec dumps etc...like I did, just try the Leo4AllV2 iso and youll be golden!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...