Asrock Conroe 1333 DVI/H

1 post in this topic

I don't know if anyone has had problems installing ToH on here but I did. Installed perfectly only on Bios version 1.20 I haven't touched it since to see if it boots with higher version of the BIOS.

Thing is that it wouldn't load from the HD at all. That is until the SATA HD on which it was installed was connected to the lower right bottom connector. Any other connectors and it wouldn't boot. It would stick on a gray screen.

After that it worked flawlessly with the ToH kexts. Screen recognised with all its resolutions - using it now at 1680x1050, ethernet straight away apart from sound but that was rectified with AppleHDA Patcher 1.2 and one of the ALC888 patches - only 2 channel audio but it is good enough for me!

Here is my question though - I might start a different thread for it - the processor (a E2140) was recognised as Core 2 Solo but when using menumeters two core usage meters show up. So is it possible that both do work and just the System Profiler does not recognise the cpu id - as apple does not use Dual Core chips as far as I understand it - so it falls back to Core Solo description?