PCI Devices in 10.5 on a Intel DG965WH motherboard

Sakumi-san

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I have an Intel DG965WH motherboard running the MacOS X 10.5.0 flat image. MacOS works great! My nVIDIA 8800GTS functions w/ QI/CE out of the box - I was pleased!

My onboard network and sound card are not supported, but this is not an issue (or is it...).

I purchased a Realtek 8139 based network card and installed the Realtek drivers. The card was never detected (i verified the info.plist included the card). I borrowed a friend's 3Com 905C-TXM and was unable to get this card working as well (which was susposed to be working right out of the box apperently). I checked under PCI Devices and none were listed both times. I have since then tried all PCI slots (3) and was unable to manage a working adapter, or have anything show up under PCI Devices.

I am starting to think PCI does not function on this motherboard/chipset.

Can anyone confirm my problems or maybe offer a solution?

Thanks a bunch...

Sakumi-san

the sound IS supported. Do a search for SigmaTel STAC9271D to get it working. It is however only 2.1 sound.

I have noticed the bottom PCI slot can be a bit flakey depending on how you use it. but I have used PCI cards on the upper two with no problem under OS X.

If you look at my specs in my sig the wireless LAN card is in the PCI slot closest to my GPU and working fine.

Thanks for the response, it's very helpful and appreciated.

I'll put some more time into it and post my findings here for anyone with the same motherboard. It definitely helps my spirits knowing someone else has it working well.

Thanks again,

Sakumi-san

• 5 months later...

got this motherboard too and like you a 8800gts working like a charm. as cwestpha noted, the sound definitively works. onboard lan isn't working, but through a cheap pci lan card it does. my pci pinnacle tv card is recognized in mac osx, but since ther are no divers or software for osx, it won't work. just wanted to tell you that this mobo works :-)

p.s.: lan works with linux, check with ubuntu 7.10