Are ATi issues in 10.4.3 related to unsatisfied dependencies?

1 post in this topic

I was thinking...someone smack me if this has been discussed before.

After I got my X600 and modified the ATIRadeon9700.kext so it would load the extension on boot, I checked the System Profiler to ensure it was loaded. Sure enough, it was. But there are some dependencies that aren't satisified:

ATIRadeon9700:

Version:	1.4.18
 Last Modified:	11/3/05 12:05 AM
 Get Info String:	ATIRadeon9700 1.4.18.6 (3304)
 kext Version:	4.1.8
 Load Address:	0x3371a000
 Valid:	Yes
 Authentic:	Yes
 Dependencies:	Incomplete
 Dependency Errors:
 com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily:	No valid version of this dependency can be found
 com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport:	No valid version of this dependency can be found
 com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily:	No valid version of this dependency can be found
 com.apple.kernel.iokit:	No valid version of this dependency can be found
 Integrity:	Kext is modified

Is it possible to get these dependencies to load? There's an Info.plist in IOGraphicsFamily, IONDRVSupport, and IOPCIFamily but does anyone have any idea how to get them to load? If so, is it possible that it would give me back full control of color, resolution, and refresh rate settings and do away with things like screen tearing?

For the record, I installed using JaS-patched 1111A DVD and have the following hardware:

Prescott 2.8GHz Pentium 4 with PAE and SSE3 but no NX support and it requires the kernel panic CPUID patch

1.5GB PC2-3200 DDR2

128MB X600 Pro (made by MSI)

i915 chipset, everything works natively but sound (sound required Maxxuss AC97 kext)

the rest of the hardware is likely not important.