Okay, been a while for me. ? Building the closest Mac Pro?

retroz

4 posts in this topic

So because of this group, I built a hack then bought a Macbook Pro. My hack is a D930 (I think) and the xbench shows around 100, 103 percent.

Just wondering since Asus (I believe) makes the motherboards for Intel, what, if any, are my options to build a system that benchmarks or HIGHER for CPU/FPU than a Mac Pro, and my current graphic card. I am looking for the latest title of OSX 10.4 DVD (I think mine is 10.4.6), as well as the best motherboard, CPU (dual?) setup as close to a Mac Pro and wondering if this is possible. Or better yet, to exceed the Mac Pro.

Obviously, a dual core x 2 motherboard would be needed. Just not sure how far we've come regarding having OSX recognize the the two CPU's.

As always, thanks as I am greatly for this group and any input received.

;)

So because of this group, I built a hack then bought a Macbook Pro. My hack is a D930 (I think) and the xbench shows around 100, 103 percent.

Just wondering since Asus (I believe) makes the motherboards for Intel, what, if any, are my options to build a system that benchmarks or HIGHER for CPU/FPU than a Mac Pro, and my current graphic card. I am looking for the latest title of OSX 10.4 DVD (I think mine is 10.4.6), as well as the best motherboard, CPU (dual?) setup as close to a Mac Pro and wondering if this is possible. Or better yet, to exceed the Mac Pro.

Obviously, a dual core x 2 motherboard would be needed. Just not sure how far we've come regarding having OSX recognize the the two CPU's.

As always, thanks as I am greatly for this group and any input received.

:P

Bump -

Hasn't anyone built a system that got close to un-reliable Xbench (comparable to Mac Pro?) if not, rather surprised.