BFG 7800GS AGP video card QE and CI enable

14 posts in this topic

I'm a total noob. Just learned how to open terminal. There is a guy on this group kramer2k I belive that has the BFG 7800 GS AGP card working... Yet, his posts are a bit elitist and smug and he seems unwilling to share EXACTLY how he did it.

I am just learning to edit .kext files but need to know if an installer needs to run for this card to have QE and CI...

AMD 64bit 3000+

MSI K8T motherboard

1 GIG RAM

BFG 7800GS AGP card

320 SEAGATE

NEC DVD burner

Thanks guys

xoxoxoxo

are you using leopard? maybe you could try using the patch (nVidia QE/CI Leopard) in my sig.

Wow.. wish I had Leopard. Running JaS 10.4.8 and JaS really knows his/her stuff as it is snappy but I can't get the BFG 7800GS AGP to enable QE or CI.

Right now I have it running on NVinject.kext available at nvinject.free.fr gives me lots of resolutions but I can't get QE or CI...

xoxoxoxo

Ouch! I'm offended!

Elitest and smug??

I'm totally willing to help people, but I can't afford to help everyone when the questions they are asking can be easily found by using the Search function!

now back to your question...

What you need to do is to add your Vendor and Device ID (0x00f510de) to Info.plist in the following kexts

Geforce.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

You add it under the IOPCIMatch label in the info.plist file

Open .plist files with either Text editor or Property List Editor (Found in Developer tools)

Forgot to mention, i can only get QE/CI with Full AGP by using AGPGart Version 2.1

Slice is working on a newer version for Leo Compatibility, but no dice for slice yet.

Ouch! I'm offended!Elitest and smug??I'm totally willing to help people, but I can't afford to help everyone when the questions they are asking can be easily found by using the Search function!now back to your question...What you need to do is to add your Vendor and Device ID (0x00f510de) to Info.plist in the following kextsGeforce.kextNVDANV40Hal.kextNVDAResman.kextYou add it under the IOPCIMatch label in the info.plist fileOpen .plist files with either Text editor or Property List Editor (Found in Developer tools)Forgot to mention, i can only get QE/CI with Full AGP by using AGPGart Version 2.1Slice is working on a newer version for Leo Compatibility, but no dice for slice yet.
I apologize... my comments where a blatant troll to get you to respond. But I am a total noob and a chick so I haven't been programmed from birth to embrace technology. Instead I embraced dolls... But I am trying to learn. Yes, I opened terminal and made edited the plist files with the proper device name in my case 0x00f510de and saved, cleared caches, repair premissions and still no joy for this chick. I am about to offer sexual favors to get my QE and CI running (heck, I'm not proud, just poor) I will try again and see if I missed something but I doubt it. xoxoxoxo p.s. thanks for the response...
I apologize... my comments where a blatant troll to get you to respond. But I am a total noob and a chick so I haven't been programmed from birth to embrace technology. Instead I embraced dolls... But I am trying to learn. Yes, I opened terminal and made edited the plist files with the proper device name in my case 0x00f510de and saved, cleared caches, repair premissions and still no joy for this chick. I am about to offer sexual favors to get my QE and CI running (heck, I'm not proud, just poor) I will try again and see if I missed something but I doubt it. xoxoxoxo p.s. thanks for the response...
Does you running 10.4.11 have anything to do with your success? I'm 10.4.8 xoxoxox

I apologize... my comments where a blatant troll to get you to respond. But I am a total noob and a chick so I haven't been programmed from birth to embrace technology. Instead I embraced dolls... But I am trying to learn. Yes, I opened terminal and made edited the plist files with the proper device name in my case 0x00f510de and saved, cleared caches, repair premissions and still no joy for this chick. I am about to offer sexual favors to get my QE and CI running (heck, I'm not proud, just poor) I will try again and see if I missed something but I doubt it. xoxoxoxo p.s. thanks for the response... Does you running 10.4.11 have anything to do with your success? I'm 10.4.8 xoxoxox

In my BIOS (hit delete on startup) I went in and changed my AGP settings.

AGP APERTURE 256MB

changed to

AGP APERTURE 128MB

FINALLY! NOW, I HAVE Quartz Extreme and Core image supported.

I wonder why the need to reduce the aperture since the card is 256MB?

Interesting...

xoxoxoxo

• 1 year later...

I have a Dell OptiPlex GX260 with a 7800 GS AGP card. Using NVkush and nVidia kexts from here and AGPGart.Intel-light from here I have resolution changing capabilities but no QE/CI. I am running a full retail copy of 10.5.7 (that I own) with chameleon 2.0 rc2 and the voodoo 2 alpha 3 kernel from here. I get no errors about AGPGart or NVkush during boot:

dmesg says:

/////

Found Intel 82865 host to AGP bridgeFound Intel 82875P host to AGP bridgeAGP: Starting AGP

AGP: Found an AGP 2.0 compliant bridge.

AGP: Found an AGP 3.0 compliant device.

AGP: Device is in legacy mode, setting AGP v2 mode 4

------------------------------

NVKush: By DiaboliK

NVKush: I Can Has Model? Detected

NVkush: a DiaboliK Joint

------------------------------

NVDANV40HAL loaded and registered.

NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.

/////

Any idea how to get QE/CI enabled on my setup?

Delete NVDANV50HAL.kext, it loads, but you dont own a NV50 Card.

Just did that and the result was the same. The NVDANV50HAL.kext is removed and not loaded, however all I get is resolution changing capabilities, no QE/CI. The message from the NVKush kext seems significant. "I Can Has Model?". Seems to me that it isn't properly detecting my card.

Anyone else able to help?

If it helps, I am running a XFX GF 7800 GS 256MB AGP card on a Dell GX260. The 7800 GS is an AGP 3.0 device, but the AGP bus on my Dell GX260 is 2.0. This isn't an issue in windows, would it prevent QE/CI in Leopard?

Delete AGPGart.kext and set AGP Aperture to 128MB in Bios.

Tried that as well. No change.

Some more information about my setup. I am running 10.5.7 with Chameleon 2.0 rc2 running modified kexts on the EFI partition. I am also using the voodoo2 alpha 3 kernel. The modified kexts I have installed are:

ATAPortInjector.kext - installed by Chameleon 2.0 rc2

Disabler.kext - for AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, installed by Chameleon 2.0 rc2

AppleSMBIOS.kext

IOATAFamily.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

NVdarwin.kext

UUID.kext

dsmos.kext