compaq presario v3000

ahn_rush

4 posts in this topic

i'm using compaq presario v3000 powered by amd. i'm on looking towards installing mac osx86 on it but sadly my laptop is not in the osx86 compatible notebook list.

i've already try it via darwine method (failed to install at all) and also vmWare method (it has problem on booting into osx86 after installation)

so can anyone help me on how can i possibly install this os into my laptop?

is it because "if your laptop version is not in the list,so you can't install the osx86?"

here are my specs:

amd turion X2 (64)

nvidia nF4 m.board

sata HD

pls help

I got a similar laptop, only I have the nForce 630i chipset.(presario v6600)

So far I have had no luck, I tryed tubgirl 10.4.10 and that couldnt find my hard drive.

Just because it isnt mentioned on the list doesnt mean it wont work, just need to do some tweeking.

• 2 months later...

I have a Compaq V3133AU laptop. Been trying to install it with Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 AMD for few days. So far, it was successfully installed on my laptop, but it was just not working after the reboot when installation completed. I suspect that it was because of the missing EFI and Kernel in my burned Zephyroth DVD, as their sizes were 0 bytes when selected during the installation.

Any one has clue how to insert EFI and Kernel into my laptop during the installation?

My Gigs are:

Processor (AMD Turion 64 X2, TL-52, 1.6Ghz)

RAM 1 GB

Chipset (Wistron 30B5, NVIDIA nForce 430 MCP)

On Board Graphics (nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150)

Wireless (Broadcom 4312)