HP dv5000: install destination ERROR?

KRiST0F

7 posts in this topic

Hi, i have a HP Pavilion dv5000, i've already read the installation guide but don't get any further than

starting up an installation. When he asks for a destination for the install i can't see any HD. I've turned

of native SATA in the BIOS (now its reads SATA native: "DISABLED")

underneath you find a screen from the installation

scrbw8.png

my system:

Processor

· Model : Genuine Intel® CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz

· Speed : 1.83GHz

· Performance Rating : PR6218 (estimated)

· Cores per Processor : 2 Unit(s)

· Threads per Core : 1 Unit(s)

· Type : Mobile, Dual-Core

Mainboard

· Bus(es) : PCI PCIe PCMCIA CardBus USB FireWire/1394 i2c/SMBus

· MP Support : 1 Processor(s)

· MP APIC : No

· System BIOS : Hewlett-Packard 1.06

· System : Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv5000 (RG957EA#UUG)

· Mainboard : Hewlett-Packard 30A7

· Total Memory : 2GB DDR2-SDRAM

Chipset 1

· Model : Hewlett-Packard Company 955XM/945GM/PM/GMS/940GML Express Processor to DRAM Controller

· Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 166MHz (664MHz data rate)

· Total Memory : 2GB DDR2-SDRAM

· Memory Bus Speed : 4x 166MHz (664MHz data rate)

Video System

· Monitor/Panel : Algemeen PnP-beeldscherm

· Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400

Physical Storage Devices

· Hard Disk : HTS541010G9SA00 ATA Device (93GB)

· CD-ROM/DVD : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N ATA Device

Logical Storage Devices

· MACOSX (D:) : 20GB (20GB, 100% Free Space) (FAT32)

· WinVISTA (C:) : 73GB (24GB, 33% Free Space) (NTFS)

Communication Device(s)

· Device : HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

Operating System(s)

· Windows System : Microsoft Windows Vista Professional 6.00.6000

Network Services

· Adapter : Intel® PRO/100 VE-netwerkverbinding

· Adapter : Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

as far as i can see only we poor dudes have that problem ;) hope someone can help us!

Have you used Disk Utility in the installer app? If the drive shows up there, you can repair and mount it, then go back to continue the install or restart the install.

If it doesn't appear in disk utility, then I have no clue as to what the problem is. I have a similar problem with my PC - installer cannot see my IDE drive when it's connected directly to the IDE port, but the OSX installer finds it easily when the same IDE drive is placed in a USB2 external enclosure.

It's got me stumped, and judging by the lack of responses to my thread and your thread, nobody else has a clue either.

Oh well, welcome to the wacky world of the OS X86 fan. ;)

Cheers,

Andy.

Hi to all and I'm sory for if my English is not very good but here it gos.

I have HP DV6409 still everithing is working fine exept lan and wireless.

I try and install tiger 10.4.7, 10.4.8,10.4.9 and now I'm using 10.4.10 with Iworks 0'8, office 2008 stillbeta but patched, Photoshop CS3, flash cs3,dreamweaver cs3 and the best software is disk order 2.5.1 like total commander.

At the begining i did not have anywhere to install OS X but I went to disk utillity and format my HDD the way i wanted and after that everithing is ok.

I had a problem downloading good version od mac os x 10.4.10 becouse one with 4 arab or something like that on rapidshare is not good at the end it tels you that something is wrong and I went to download from file gactory and it works perfest.

I am new but try to go in disk utillity to fix your problem that is the only way that is work on my hp DV6409 (intel dual core 1.73).

Talk to you soon.

it is in disk utility but cannot mount :lol:

That's a good start. I'm a newbie in this OS X86 stuff, so my answers will be based on the very little I know.

With Disk Utility opened, I would attempt to repair permissions on your OS X disk. You will need to select the OS X volume, not the Windows one or the one with the description of the physical hard drive. Even if the OS X volume is grayed out, I have found that it is still possible to erase that volume and return it to a 'clean slate'. If grayed out, repair/verify will probably not work until the 'erase' has completed successfully.

Just remember, that the OS X volume must be selected. If you mistakenly select your Windows volume or the physical drive instance (top level), you will delete the Windows installation. So select with care.

If the erase of the OS X volume succeeds, then you should reboot the Mac OS X86 installer and try again.

If the OS X volume is not mounted, it will not appear in the install sequence, so you'll need to use Disk Utility to ensure that the volume is mounted, and while you're there, repair disk permissions. If that's successful, then you should be able to continue with the install and when you get to the point where install app wants you to specify which volume to install to, the OS X volume should be there, highlighted by the 'download' arrow, ready for the install to take place.

I hope that has been some help, but if not, it's all I can offer since I'm not knowledgeable enough to suggest anything else.

Cheers,

Andy.