Latitude X1 Installation

fixarvesslan

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm very new to OS X and would love to try it out on my Dell Latitude X1.

This is what i have done so far:

- Burned the macosx_10.4.3_8f1111_for_dtk_userdvd.iso with the JaS.1111a.Generic.Patch.V4.2b.ppf patch onto a DvD.

- Created an empty primary partition.

- Attemped to boot with the disc. Then I get the "white-bg-whit-the-grey-apple-logo-screen" and the wheel under it spins around for a while, then the screen goes light blue, and the nothing happens.

- Booted with x-flag, same result.

Is there anyone out there who has installed OSX86 on a X1, or anyone who can think of what might be wrong?

i tried it, but gave up in the end

so if it is possible i really would like to know

installtion tels me the hardware is not compatable.. i think its the cpu

Yeah I got that to, but make sure you have the patched iso and that you have created an empty primary partition and Darwin should at least let you boot.

Yeah I got that to, but make sure you have the patched iso and that you have created an empty primary partition and Darwin should at least let you boot.

hmm i didn't see your last comment in that post i linked to. i guess it doesn't work with the latitude x1 after all. darn it! i just bought a latitude and was hoping to be able to try 10.4.3 on it. i'll try installing it anyway when my x1 arrives. btw, what's your opinion about the x1, good laptop overall?

perhaps osx doesn't work on the x1 is because the cd-rom drive is external usb and maybe it's not supported or there's a bug.

hmm i didn't see your last comment in that post i linked to. i guess it doesn't work with the latitude x1 after all. darn it! i just bought a latitude and was hoping to be able to try 10.4.3 on it. i'll try installing it anyway when my x1 arrives. btw, what's your opinion about the x1, good laptop overall?

perhaps osx doesn't work on the x1 is because the cd-rom drive is external usb and maybe it's not supported or there's a bug.

Well I'm quite sure that it is possible, I have seen posts where people are having post-install problems on thier X1s.

Overall I love it! You don't even notice that you have it in your bag, and with 1280 mb ram it feels really smooth.

If anyone has installed osx on their X1, could you please tell me if I shoud have some additional flags when booting?

i love my x1

it's so small and light, makes no noise at all

and its fast enough . it has a low voltage cou, not a normal pentium m

Ok, so I got the installation going. I followed this guide: http://www.profit42.com/guides.php?id=1 but i forgot to set the partition active. So I installed Partition Magic and went trough those steps aswell and voila, the installation popped right up. Hope this helps some of you.

Now I'll just wait and see how many lovely problems that will show up during/after install :)

Well that went well... :P

The install started up and it started to copy the files. Then at 70% or something it gave an error message, nothing specific just that an error ocurred during installation end that I had to try again.

Has anyone seen this problem before?