Leopard 10.5.1 M1710

Danomite

6 posts in this topic

Hey all, I'm sure there must be a thread about this already, but I've spent tireless time searching these forums to find out if i'm able to enable both cores of my T7200 running on the 945PM chipset in my XPS M1710. I have a 7950GTX 512mb vid card. My system works great, even with just one core enabled, but i'd REALLY like to get this working to see how well this thing will work.

Any help would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

The sound works, but not fully. Use the AppleHDA patcher V1.2 found elsewhere on this site, and the codec dump for a Sigmatel 9200 card. It'll work well enough to get ya by. Internal wifi and ethernet card wont work. You have to get a Dell 1500 wifi card or similar to get it going. Or a USB wireless key.

• 3 weeks later...
The sound works, but not fully. Use the AppleHDA patcher V1.2 found elsewhere on this site, and the codec dump for a Sigmatel 9200 card. It'll work well enough to get ya by. Internal wifi and ethernet card wont work. You have to get a Dell 1500 wifi card or similar to get it going. Or a USB wireless key.

I have the same machine. Also same problem with not able to run both cores. My audio is working, but when I plug in my headphones, they work great, but my laptop speaker still sound. So I am hearing things on both, my headphones and my laptop speakers? Did you had this problem?

Thanks in advance.