How to configure a wifi lan ?

inter981

2 posts in this topic

as you see in my signature, i have a PCI combo card (MSI PC54G-BT) with wifi and bluetooth.

Bluetooth works perfect natively, and I installed successfully the wifi card (recognized by osx) downloading the files PCI/mPCI/CB

(RT256x/RT266x) in the ralinktech homepage, but i don't know how to make it work.

After installed the drivers, I went to Control Panel > Network and i added it to the left list (afer that i can see it in "About this mac" drop menu), but i can't access to internet disconnecting the two wired lan.

Can anyone help me to configure?

Ty !

I might be wrong but.....

You should find a Wireless utility under Apps specifically for the Ralink, my RT2500 has it then you do the wireless setup from there!?

I had to Download a kext that does a "replug" in order for MacOS to recognize the card during bootup!

Hope this points you in the right direction?

SticMAN

as you see in my signature, i have a PCI combo card (MSI PC54G-BT) with wifi and bluetooth.

Bluetooth works perfect natively, and I installed successfully the wifi card (recognized by osx) downloading the files PCI/mPCI/CB

(RT256x/RT266x) in the ralinktech homepage, but i don't know how to make it work.

After installed the drivers, I went to Control Panel > Network and i added it to the left list (afer that i can see it in "About this mac" drop menu), but i can't access to internet disconnecting the two wired lan.

Can anyone help me to configure?

Ty !