Leopard on HP Slimline s3200t?

8 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a Slimline s3200t desktop from HP (detailed specs below). I'm interested in installing Leopard but hoped to get a sense of my likelihoop of success before attempting.

I've spent some time reading the forums and know that the graphics card isn't currently supported, but I plan to use the onboard Intel 950 instead (at least initially).

Any other problems I might have. Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated...

MOBO = Asus IPILP-AR (945G and ICH7DH chipsets, 1066/800/533 MHz FSB)

Processor = Core2Duo E4500 (2.2GHz)

Memory = 2GB DDR2-667MHz dual channel SDRAM

Graphics = 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8300GS (+ Integrated Intel 950)

Hard Drive = 250GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive

Optical Drive = LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive

Onboard Audio = Audio CODEC: ALC888

Input devices = PS/2 keyboard and mouse

Onboard LAN = Intel 82562 10/100Mbps

• 2 weeks later...

It should fly.

I installed it on a Slimline 3020la (same specs as yours, only with a bigger HD and without the Nvidia)

I had it working under Tiger, and now I'm trying to get the network working under Leopard.

• 2 weeks later...
It should fly.

I installed it on a Slimline 3020la (same specs as yours, only with a bigger HD and without the Nvidia)

I had it working under Tiger, and now I'm trying to get the network working under Leopard.

You ever get onboard LAN working? I'm successfully running Leopard, but have had to add a pci ethernet card (Realtek 8139-based) to get internet. Everything else (but shutdown) is working great.

Realtek 8139 ethernet cards are cheap ($15 at OfficeMax) or ($5 incl shipping on Ebay)...

its funny you should say that. i was just checking up on previous threads to see if there were any developments before going and getting a netgear GA311! thanks a lot though!

Better try this... B)
You ever get onboard LAN working? I'm successfully running Leopard, but have had to add a pci ethernet card (Realtek 8139-based) to get internet. Everything else (but shutdown) is working great.

I've just (1 minute ago) got it working using the AppleIntel8255x.kext posted by mactigre, making the change shown in Post #1 of the topic linked below.

You should find his post here.

Good luck!

• 5 months later...