Tiger Questions :)

ColdZer0

5 posts in this topic

Ok ive downloaded Tiger and burnt it to a disc. I just have a few questions if anyone could answer them :D

- I have 2 partitions, number one is with xp and programs, number 2 has random games and files and i plan to install tiger onto partiton 2. Would i loose any files by doing this?

- How would i multiboot xp and osx86 with xp already installed?

You would need to format a partition to HFS+ to install OSX onto, which would delete all the files on that partition. So make space!

For dual-booting, there are many guides in the Genius Bar, like this one. Also try clicking on the "OSx86 Project" Button at the top of the page. Lots of info there.

Basically you can use the Darwin bootloader (I use that), there's the Chain0 method (windows' bootloader), and then external bootloaders, such as Grub.

ok so i've made a new partition with 16gb's big with no files on it and formatted to Fat32, so do i run the disc now?

I dont really understand the bootloading thread. How do i get to xp after ive installed tiger :S and when i do wat program should i use? and whats a chain0 :S ive read it everywhere

Thanks for your help btw :D

Yeah, run the installer now, when it comes up, in the menu select Utilities -> Disk Utility. Then select your partition you formatted to Fat 32, click "erase", and erase it using the utility. Select "Mac OS X Journaled" for the filesystem.

Then you can exit that, select your partition in the installer, select the patches and options you want and install!

To dual boot, edit com.apple.Boot.plist and make a timeout of say 10 seconds, which makes the menu appear.