help me upgrade please

phvrc2nt

3 posts in this topic

hi everyone.

i know you're all tired hearing help announcements coz we all have different issues with our hackintoshes...

but can anyone please help me still?

i'm running osx 10.4.6

* this is the only version that seem to run flawleslly in my system. i've tried every other dvd download i can find thru this forum and i still go back to 10.4.6 since most of my hardware is supported. including the dreaded sleep mode. my rig works all the time, i've tested it over and over and oftentimes, i dont shut down my pc. just unplug it and close the lid... and comes back to life everytime...

anyways...

is there a way to upgrade to the latest 10.4.11 without chaning the kernel and the files that work for my system? i'm not an expert but is there a 10.4.11 patch that wont mess up with the files and the kernel?

please help me out...

thanks in advance...

i almost forgot...

i'm running with the following specs

Mac OS X 10.4.6 (8I1119) Darwin 8.4.1

Intel Celeron 1.4GHz (which "about this mac detects fine)

Intel 915 Chipset @ GMA900 video card

1.25G ram / 80G hdd

Laptop Model: Compaq Presario M2215APThanks again...

• 4 months later...
hi everyone.

i know you're all tired hearing help announcements coz we all have different issues with our hackintoshes...

but can anyone please help me still?

i'm running osx 10.4.6

* this is the only version that seem to run flawleslly in my system. i've tried every other dvd download i can find thru this forum and i still go back to 10.4.6 since most of my hardware is supported. including the dreaded sleep mode. my rig works all the time, i've tested it over and over and oftentimes, i dont shut down my pc. just unplug it and close the lid... and comes back to life everytime...

anyways...

is there a way to upgrade to the latest 10.4.11 without chaning the kernel and the files that work for my system? i'm not an expert but is there a 10.4.11 patch that wont mess up with the files and the kernel?

please help me out...

thanks in advance...

i almost forgot...

i'm running with the following specs

Mac OS X 10.4.6 (8I1119) Darwin 8.4.1

Intel Celeron 1.4GHz (which "about this mac detects fine)

Intel 915 Chipset @ GMA900 video card

1.25G ram / 80G hdd

Laptop Model: Compaq Presario M2215APThanks again...

Could you tell me where you got 10.4.6 from? I too have an Intel Celeron HP, and it will not boot Leopard. So I am looking for Tiger alternatives. The bay of pirates doesn't have it. Where did you get yours?

Thanks,

James

Could you tell me where you got 10.4.6 from? I too have an Intel Celeron HP, and it will not boot Leopard. So I am looking for Tiger alternatives. The bay of pirates doesn't have it. Where did you get yours?

Thanks,

James

got it from the bay too... might be a very old version that's why it's not there anymore... the the demon... it's back online...