Can't seem to get any of them installed

gica

2 posts in this topic

I built a system with Abit IP35-E board,twa SATA dard drives,Pioneer Sata burner,Ati X1650Pro PciE video card.I have tried the Brazilian patched ,Toh sse3,Tiger 10.4.8 ,MacDotNub osx86 v1-r5 10.4.10 etc and I either get the gray apple screen or the still waiting for root device.can anybody give me some advice,I didn't patch any of the cd's myself I just downloaded them patched.Is SATA the reason?Thanks in advance guys

Actually the Brazilian patched one doesn't get passed the still waiting the root device no matter what commands I give -v -x etc.The TOH version goes into the install screen even thogh there are lots of failed messages like failed to count number in /Libraries/....../..... but it goes to languages and when I press customize it shows the hard drive in read then I erase it journaled and I install unchecking the options.It doesn't give me the partition options with MBR and so forth.At the end after install it sais Could not install Mac OSX on your system,"The Installer could not creat the folder /Volumes/Untitled Base system.pkg.136.Jpi14x" press restart.

What gives.Anybody know it's got to be that I did not partition I only erased journaled.Any help would appreciated.