Pc EFI with non Intel boards

sanpedro

5 posts in this topic

I've seen conflicting information regarding PC EFI and motherboards. Some say that you can't use vanilla kernel with non-Intel boards, and some say you just need a Core 2, Core Duo, or Core Solo board. What's the correct answer? It'd be great to get a defnitive answer as I'm running a Core 2 Duo, but on a Toshiba board.

I've seen conflicting information regarding PC EFI and motherboards. Some say that you can't use vanilla kernel with non-Intel boards, and some say you just need a Core 2, Core Duo, or Core Solo board. What's the correct answer? It'd be great to get a defnitive answer as I'm running a Core 2 Duo, but on a Toshiba board.

I think it relies on being an Intel chipset rather than an Intel branded board. The best way is trial and error - just remember to back up kexts/ kernel first.

That's what I was kind of figuring. I just realized my windows partition has like 15gb free so I think I'll just do a fresh install instead of screwing up my current config. Then if all goes well, I'll just move all of my files over and delete the current cat.

please read this email. I get from one user.

1. to fix endless rebooting go to bios setting (F2 during POST), advance tab, and enable something like " executive ... bit/byte". If this option is not avail for you and you need to update yr BIOS (go to toshiba support page and download it). Don't forget to copy dsmos.kext to yr extensions folder and chmod, chown.

after update to 10.5.1 you will got blue screen

2. to fix blue screen you need to replace appleintelintegratedbuffer.kext with the old one. or you can use nattit.kext. chown and chmod before restart.

3. Cross yr fingers and Good luck!

Thanks for the info. I looked for that yesterday in the advanced tab and couldn't find it. On my way to Toshiba right now! lol. I'm just updating to 10.4.11 right now. Still haven't decided if I want to go leopard yet.

[Edit] Works! Thanks for the heads up on both of those! Saved my life! Haha.

Now to decide if I want to fully delete my windows partition . . . .