Help installing on HP Intel Duo Core E4400

jnam101006

4 posts in this topic

I downloaded my image from The Pirate Bay... search marlkar.

It does not say whether it is 10.4.(insert # here). I just know it is Tiger.

Edit: I think it is 10.4.10

I burned it to DVD and I have it set to boot from CD on startup. It runs fine, I hit Enter, I see the gray screen with the Apple. Below that the little gray spinner starts up. After about two minutes, a little icon shows in front of the apple... I don't know what to call the symbol other than a "no smoking sign." As in a circle with a line through it, O with / in the middle.

It just stops there, I let it go for over a half hour and gave up.

I was told to post my model number and everything.

HP Pavillion a6120n with an Intel Core Duo E4400. Chipset i945G/GZ. Honestly, I have no idea what that means, thats why I am here! Haha.

I dont know what else to post here, but I ran a program CPU-Z, and it says the processor is SSE2, SSE3, and so on compatible. (Instructions: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T)

Thats about all I can post, PLEASE help me!!

Ok new edit...

I can get it to install by wiping my HDD clean and formatting it to Mac OS... and it installs perfectly (I think). It goes all the way to the end and has me reboot, but after that it will say something about not being able to boot. I forget the exact line but its got the word Apple.boot or something. =/ sorry.

Any ideas?