AMD X2 "cpus=1" bug & Time Machine fix

Guest Snowski

2 posts in this topic

Guest Snowski

I was about to give up on trying to find a solution untill I remembered I had once bought Realtek RTL8139 PCI card (very cheap)

So I thaught why not try this one since it worked way back when I used Tiger 10.4.10. I'd put in the card then booted OSX which at first didint gave me a connection untill I reinitialized it. Then I edited the bootlist with "cpus=2" and rebooted.

Fired up iTunes and tried to connect to a radio station which always gave me a kernel panic and guess what, yup, works.

So it is indeed network related like Zephyroth had mentioned (sorry for the lack of trust bro)

I suggest getting one of these very cheap working (I bet even native) Realtek 8139 cards.

For those are in the "trying out kexts" phase I suggest you try this one cause I gave up before trying: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=15700

My only problem I have with Leo now is with ALC850 which seems to switch to 6ch when using Garageband. We need a 2channel only kext/config or something.

Good luck to all!

afbeelding2zb1.png

Guest Snowski

I just fixed my Time Machine problem too:

- Browse to => Library => Preferences => SystemConfiguration and remove NetworkInterfaces.plist

- Reboot

- Reinitialize network (where you need to choose connection between modem or LAN etc...)

- Try Time Machine

It worked for me after I had "could not find backup copy" error 18.

Mind you, it seems some need to replace the NetworkingFamily.kext with ToH's and others just need the above.

Good luck!