Upgrade 10.5.0 to 10.5.1

udnan

5 posts in this topic

Installed Leopard 10.5.0 using Brazilmac patched CD on a Dell xps1210, ran post-patch.

System worked fine with patched kernel.

Installed efi_v5 and rebooted with vanilla kernel.

System worked fine with vanilla kernel (10.5.0)

Installed software update (10.5.1).

After re-boot, the m/c starts up with only a blank screen.

Tried re-installing AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from the patched DVD. The same problem persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, try to make the partition active. I had the same problem. I couldn`t even get into darwin bootloader. Than I did this:

"

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX

fdisk: 0>update

fdisk:*0> f Y

“Partition 2 marked active”

fdisk:*0> w

Device could not be accessed exclusively.

A reboot will be needed for changes to take effect. OK? [n]y

Writing MBR at offset 0.

fdisk: 0> q

"

And it works great...

Tell us if that helps... Bye

Thanks for your tip. The problem is not with booting. The boot process starts up and progresses fine up to the point where the desktop should appear. But there is no desktop (screen is blank). I can do a shutdown by pressing the power button followed by a return. I suspect the problem is with the graphics kext. I have since reloaded the laptop to 10.5.0 with efi and vanilla kernel.

Thanks for your tip. The problem is not with booting. The boot process starts up and progresses fine up to the point where the desktop should appear. But there is no desktop (screen is blank). I can do a shutdown by pressing the power button followed by a return. I suspect the problem is with the graphics kext. I have since reloaded the laptop to 10.5.0 with efi and vanilla kernel.

Use the framebuffer from the post patch NOT the dvd

I found a solution to the blank display with Intel GMA 950 graphics on software update to 10.5.1.

Follow this link: http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?...736&p=20567, download the zip file 'GMA950_10.5.1.zip' replace the existing files with contents of this zip file, change permissions and ownership of the replaced files, delete Extensions,mkext and reboot.