HP Compaq TC 1100

grimmwerks

4 posts in this topic

Hey - I saw that someone else could install JAS 10.4.6 on an HP Compaq TC 1100 -- I've tried from the JAS 10.4.6 dvd (hands on the apple logo upon booting from the dvd) as well as the JAS 10.4.10 disk -- The 10.4.10 disk allowed me to boot into the installer, wipe the drive, and install the base insatllation (I didn't add any other Kext or patch installation at all - and I bet that's where it goes wrong).After installation, it goes into verbose booting, but hangs after a while - I can't tell if it's hanging on the wireless card, the bluetooth card, or something else.I'm going to try to go into the bios and shut both off, but if anyone has any particulars about this hardware setup, or installation, or anything, it would be greatly appreciated.ThanksAnother attempt.

post-47604-1196647858_thumb.jpg

post-47604-1196648264_thumb.jpg

Hi, Installing 10.4.6 on TC1100 needs patience. It needs lot of time in loading the installer.

Never think that the screen is hanged! But actually it is working. All together you might need 4 to 6 hours to complete the installation.

I completed it successfully...but it reboots every time. Hope 2 solve the problem soon!

Hi, It seems I made a mistake in "Customised" Installation. I selected complete Intel and AMD patches, instead of just Intel SSE2 (which can be browsed through by clicking the arrow icon before "Intel and AMD Patches".)

Then I reinstalled again with Just Intel SSE2 (erased the disk completely before doing it..oh hell! another 3 hours)

Installaion went well without any problem.

But upon restarting, it hangs with a blinking cursor on top left corner.

Yet to figure out the solution.

I am pretty sure that TC1100 can have mac...will try continously and post it. Pls do the same.

Ari