UGH! Installing on xps 410 dell...

Uscg.Matthew

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.. I am very new to this. I have been working on this whole... OS X on intel thing for about 4 days now. I have finally figured out how and the right combination of things to install. I am using Uphuck 1.4i r3 . It is the only one i think that has worked for me i think. I am using a Dell XPS 410. It has a on board 92xx sigmatel sound card and a on board 825xx gigabit ethernet card I have a netgear pci card here to.. if that helps... I have found the appleHDA patcher and the Sigmatel9200.txt file.. I have tried everything to get that to work.. Nothing. It says its completed and i reboot and then OS X does not boot.. i get "You must restart your computer now" lol.. I ran into an issue when first installing Uphuck... and i found my own solution to fixing it. after install.. the first boot up would never work. it would go to the apple screen were the little revolving circle is.. and then the "cancel" sign shows up. So.. What i did was i inserted the uphuck cd, and i pressed f8 and typed in "Rd=disk0s1" and it booted fine that way and every boot after that did not require the cd. It was like a first boot thing i guess.. but anyway,my video card works fine and everything. I love it. i really do. Im falling in love. if only i had internet and sound.. SO if anyone can help. please do lol

Thanks a bunch,

Matthew

PS: Still dont know what this Green demon {censored} is rofl. =)

bump... Update: I have looked around and found that i need the old IONetworkingFamily.kext and i have obtained it... I am going to mess around with it today.... HOpefully i can get my fa311 Netgear card working. if that works.. i will be {censored} happy. then it just comes down to sound... i have read a few places that say they were able to get my sound working..... by using the applehda patcher and the 9227 drop... I tryed it... and when i reboot my computer.. it just goes to a grey box saying i need to restart my computer.. any help?

Nevermind! I fixed it !!! Well... The ethernet! I feel so proud to be American.. Wait.. what? lol Sorry lol. Just so excited. I am on my mac right now :) I feel special.. But still no sound.. and oh so very scared to do anything to try to get sound working lol. Any suggestions? Please?