No hard drive selection

Cirenj

9 posts in this topic

ok...I got everything burned and patched as far as I can tell.....when I boot to the dvd everything will go good until it comes time for the hard drive selection....I see nothing to select....The only reason I can come up with is that I am using SATA drives.....do I have to have an IDE drive in there for it to install to......

ok...i got it to recognize the sata drive through disk utility...but after that I am lost on what to do...it still wont show up in the drive selection menu....i have a 10gig partition on the drive that is unformatted....but I cant do anything with it in disk utility or anything.....

Hey,

I am having a very similar problem!!

I have two sata hard drives (nf4 sata) and one pata/ide drive (nf4 ata).

I have my pata drive fully formatted to type AF file system, and when I bring up the OSX installer in vmware with that drive in the machine profile, OSX installer sees the drive/partition.

But when I boot off of the CD (non-vmware), it does not see that drive.

SO my similar question is, what could I be missing?

ok...i got it to recognize the sata drive through disk utility...but after that I am lost on what to do...it still wont show up in the drive selection menu....i have a 10gig partition on the drive that is unformatted....but I cant do anything with it in disk utility or anything.....

It needs to be formated to HFS+ for the installer to see it

Also the partition must be a primary not logical

Hey,

I am having a very similar problem!!

I have two sata hard drives (nf4 sata) and one pata/ide drive (nf4 ata).

I have my pata drive fully formatted to type AF file system, and when I bring up the OSX installer in vmware with that drive in the machine profile, OSX installer sees the drive/partition.

But when I boot off of the CD (non-vmware), it does not see that drive.

SO my similar question is, what could I be missing?

There is no current support for Nforce SATA your only option is to use PATA IDE

Also the PATA drive must be set to master and also set to active boot drive in the BIOS

ok...I got it where the installer will recognize my hd....the next screen it goes to says "Preparing for installation" then it tells me cannot continue due to errors....I tried burning a new DVD thinking it may have been a bad burn but I get the same message.....all my hardware looks to be compatible....Any idea's guys?