Install Leopard 10.5.1, no audio . Please help.

norcimo

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

Story so far:

I installed 10.5.1 for AMD, 10.5.1. though my system is a DELL optiplex 170L. (intel cpu 2.8)

with the intel 865GV chip set. It all booted ok.. but I had to install from uphuck 1.4.1ri (10.4.9) some drivers, like the PS/2 and the intel chipset driver ich7 and some other USB drivers and utilities. When leopard came up it was asking me for a keyboard.. (hence ps2 was not installed), SO I loaded 10.4.9 uphuck, and loaded all the appropriate drivers..installed them. AND LEOPARD CAME UP! HORRAY! It running A OK.

even office 2008 loves it, internet ect..ect. I had to manually set a higher res though but thats ok for know!

I never got Tiger to install audio driver and never got it to work. I thought leopard would fix this, but it did not.

SO.. the intel 865Gv has AC97 integrated. Can someone help please? I really need audio..I would paypal you for your help. Thanks

F.C

your model is similiar to mine, and what fixed it was going into Audio/midi in Utilities and switching into 5.1 mode and reassigning channels 3 and 6 to the left/right speakers.

For some reason, I had to do this again after launching quicktime for quicktime to recognize it. Now its working fine.

I am not sure which kext was loaded, but try that and see if it works. I am suspicious its running from AppleAzaliaAudio - but I can check it if this does not work for you on your current set-up.

Thank you,Im going to try right know. Ill post the results.The device installed is the AC97 APPLE. It does not allow me to switch 5.1hum...

your model is similiar to mine, and what fixed it was going into Audio/midi in Utilities and switching into 5.1 mode and reassigning channels 3 and 6 to the left/right speakers.For some reason, I had to do this again after launching quicktime for quicktime to recognize it. Now its working fine.I am not sure which kext was loaded, but try that and see if it works. I am suspicious its running from AppleAzaliaAudio - but I can check it if this does not work for you on your current set-up.