Best patched Install DVD for Intel 945PM chipset

nyr738

3 posts in this topic

I have a laptop with a Intel 945PM chipset and nVidia Geforce Go 7600. When looking up the 945PM chipset in eg. google in looks like its the one thats in Imac's and Macbook Pro's, so it should be similar to a "real" Mac. I have a Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

What will be the best patched DVD to use, there are a lot of dirrerent around, JaS, Brazil, flat image, Uphuck and ToH.

I want to install Leopard 10.5 or 10.5.1.

I hope someone can give me a hint where to start....

NYR738

I have a laptop with a Intel 945PM chipset and nVidia Geforce Go 7600. When looking up the 945PM chipset in eg. google in looks like its the one thats in Imac's and Macbook Pro's, so it should be similar to a "real" Mac.

What will be the best patched DVD to use, there are a lot of dirrerent around, JaS, Brazil, flat image, Uphuck and ToH.

I want to install Leopard 10.5 or 10.5.1.

I hope someone can give me a hint where to start....

NYR738

You need to do your homework on whether you want to run virtual [flat image / VM Server], or have a dual or single boot.

I have a similar chipset and have no 'major' issues from the ToH install. I also have GMA945 video which is recognized as GMA950 and its a little buggy, you may need something called "natit" or "nvinject" for that. Search around the forum or google, they are all over the place.

You will also likely have to use an AppleAzaliaAudio.kext which is in the BrazilMac patcher for intel hd audio. If you can find a recent, finished BrazilMac disc it would probably work very well without much post-install patching.

Intel wireless may not be supported, but your LAN should work.

I have the ToH disc, and the Brazil post-patcher files and kexts so I am pretty well covered that way...

OK, so if I can a hold of a recent BrazilMac DVD or the ToH dvd and use the BrazilMac Post patch files, I should be up and running.

And then maybe the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext to make the audio work, and the nvinject for the nVidia Geforce GO7600 to work.

But what about the wireless - a laptop is not worth much if it doesn't have i wireless connection, so there is no way around that then??

NYR738