Leopard on a Dell Inspiron 1520

djpablog

3 posts in this topic

I was able to install Leopard on a Dell Inspiron 1520. I have a Core 2 Duo 2.0 w/ 4mb L2 Cache, NVIDIA Geforce 256mb 8600gt, hitachi 120gb 7200rpm HDD, 2gigs of RAM, intel 1390 wireless card and integrated bluetooth & webcam. I had some problems with the clean install, got an error message "missing operating system" after the install. So I went ahead and booted in to vista and recreated the partition. I installed uphuck's 10.4.9 with none of the options checked, rebooted the laptop and went on and installed Leopard w/out loading into Tiger. I didnt erase Tiger, just installed Toh Leo over it with no options checked(languages/printer drivers etc). After the install I got a kernal panic and it didnt boot up, I disabled the speedstep in the BIOS and it booted up fine after. It detected my wireless card/bluetooth fine but am having problems with the video/audio. I tried the AppleHDA patcher 1.7 but still havent been able to get it working. Currently looking for the stigmatel 9205 .txt file and a driver for the 8600gt.

• 1 year later...

I have Dell Inspiron 1520

Computer Type ACPI Multiprocessor PC (Mobile)

CPU Type Mobile Intel Core 2 Duo T7250, 2000 MHz (10 x 200)

Motherboard Chipset Intel Crestline-GM GM965

System Memory 2549 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

Video Adapter Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (384 MB)

Audio Adapter SigmaTel STAC9205X @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller [b-0]

Network Adapter Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller

Network Adapter Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

BIOS Version A09

I want to install Mac OS iATKOS_v4.1i(Leopard) Please help me.I always stuck with the first loading screen.My e-mail address is Narototalker@yahoo.com

Could I install Mac on my lap, please help urgent?