10.4.8 JaS upgrade to 10.5 ToH Success?

jayzon915

2 posts in this topic

Hey Guys!

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 (check sig) currently running Tiger 10.4.8 JaS. It works awesome, the ethernet card (using a older IOnetworkingFamily.Kext), graphics card both work plus using the loginwindow.app patch off the DVD I can open "About this Mac", however I would like to use iLife 08'. So I obtained ToH's 10.5 DVD and upgraded... The upgrade went smoothly. Now my ethernet doesn't work and all the iLife apps close within 10 seconds of opening... It actually works smoothly also its just a pain with no internet or apps... any suggestions? i know you guys are probably sick of answering silly questions but a nudge in the right direction would really help... I've been working on getting this for almost a week now...

• 1 year later...
Hey Guys!

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 (check sig) currently running Tiger 10.4.8 JaS. It works awesome, the ethernet card (using a older IOnetworkingFamily.Kext), graphics card both work plus using the loginwindow.app patch off the DVD I can open "About this Mac", however I would like to use iLife 08'. So I obtained ToH's 10.5 DVD and upgraded... The upgrade went smoothly. Now my ethernet doesn't work and all the iLife apps close within 10 seconds of opening... It actually works smoothly also its just a pain with no internet or apps... any suggestions? i know you guys are probably sick of answering silly questions but a nudge in the right direction would really help... I've been working on getting this for almost a week now...

I used iPC 10.5.6, but was not totally successfull. I never could get the onboard video to work or the built in ethernet.

my specs and install