Totaly Beginner with Sony Vaio

bravo12

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

Im Interested in Mac Os on my x86 PC. I have Sony Vaio PCG-GRT

Spec:

Intel Pentium IV. Mobile 2,8Ghz

GeForce 5600go

I want to know two things :thumbsdown_anim: Firts of all. Will mac os work properly on this configuration?

Second: Can I install only (no Tiger before) Leoprad with Brazilian Patch? And can I install it on second drive D: (on C: i have Win XP Pro) with multiboot?

Thx.

• 1 year later...

I know you've waited years for a reply, but maybe it will help some one.

iPC 10.5.7 works ok on GRT series Sony Laptops - Install OK as long as you select PS Keyboard Fix and ACPI / CPS=1, NVATI - this will get you a working desktop. AC97 Audio and SiS9200 don't work even though they should and video speed is very poor so a different Nvidea driver is prob needed. There is a SiS912 ethernet driver on iATKOS 7 dvd so that will probably need extracting for network to work. I have yet to fix these small problems. You must remember PS2 Fix or you will need to use a USB keyboard to get start up.

Good Luck to anyone who reads this - any tips welcome,

By the way iDeneb 1.5.1 and 1.6 and iAtkos 10.5.6/7 won't install either get caught in loop while extracting package (log) or can't execute some Java stuff on install - no idea why.

Sony GRT715M, P4 2.8, 1Gb Mem, 40Gb HD, Nvidea 5600Go (Sony), SIs900 Chipset, Sigmatel C-MAjor (92xx?) Audio, SiS912 Ethernet, odd Sony Quirks

Cheers

Hi,

Im Interested in Mac Os on my x86 PC. I have Sony Vaio PCG-GRT

Spec:

Intel Pentium IV. Mobile 2,8Ghz

GeForce 5600go

I want to know two things B) Firts of all. Will mac os work properly on this configuration?

Second: Can I install only (no Tiger before) Leoprad with Brazilian Patch? And can I install it on second drive D: (on C: i have Win XP Pro) with multiboot?

Thx.