Cant Get Leopard To BOOT!

3vilution

6 posts in this topic

Hey i have tried almost every method for leopard, i have tried the brazil patch method ive done the toh method and still it will not boot after it boots the first time. it will just blink cursor or it will keep restarting. This is really frustrating cuz ive done all the bootfixes and stuff just like the guides tell you to and still with no success. i dont understand how other people are getting leopard to run fine. Im currently running uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i and have no problems watsoever. If someone can tell me how to get it to boot correctly i would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

MY SETUP:

Asus P5k (plain)

Intel core 2 duo 6750 Oc'd 3.4

500gb Sata Hd

2Gb ddr2800

Nec DvD-Rw sata

Try installing tiger, then leopard without reformatting the partition, ie install leopard *over* tiger. That will keep the boot.

Before installing leopard, deselect all packages, then continue the installation. After restart, boot to Install DVD once again and install the latest EFI emulation, currently pc_efi v5.2. You can find it here:

http://diddyurl.com/330

Before restarting again, copy dsmos.kext and AppleSMBIOS.kext to your /Volumes/<VOLNAME>/System/Library/Extensions, where <VOLNAME> is the name of the volume to which you've installed leopard, ex: "Leopard"

After that, just reboot. Everything should go nice and smooth!

MoDs

Ok one more question, the kalyway boot cd.. do i need this cuz i noticed in one of the other post that it was required.

Nevermind I Found It!

I will try again with these files and see what happens. Any more inputs would be appreciated as well.