Dell OptiPlex 755 anyone?

K-Gun

44 posts in this topic

I've got a Dell Optiplex 755. Could I get a Boot-132 image from you.

Thanks

give it a try: buggedsorry"

//edit: try this: http://rapidshare.com/files/240858832/Azalia_ADI1988.pkg.zip //

-> !! I did not test it yet !! Will have access to my Dell tomorrow :-)

Anybody interested in a Boot 132 for the Dell 755 Optiplex with ATI HD 2400 XT ? Drop me a line. I am searching for 1 to 5 testers...

• 2 weeks later...
I've got a Dell Optiplex 755. Could I get a Boot-132 image from you.

Thanks

hey hey hey

I am using a 755 with 10.5.8 to reply you guys

You don't need anything .. Ideneb works BEST for 755 after I've tested all version

and I'm using this for a 100% workind Dell 755 8 GB ram ATI 3870

same as kaidogg

I started to install ideneb 1.4 ---> mac osx 10.5.6

and then after all : apple software update to go to the last system 10.5.8

Here my Ideneb drivers details :

- chipset ICHX fixed

- audio : AD1984 (analog)

- network : Intel 85566 series

- kernel : 9.2.2 SSE3

-nvidia card : (i have 8600GT 256 Mo) Darwin 256Mb

you can add also an important FIX :

-seabelt fix (install dmg properly instead of kernel panic

at the end of the install to skyp the apple id registration, you can do "windows +Q"

hope, it can help !

Not sure why I can't post/download from MoogDiesel so.....Make a new account is what I did.

Anyway I can't remember exactly where I got my Boot132 CD but I can host image. I take no credit for it as it was someone else's. But I am rebuilding a 755 for a snow leopard build. I had switched from 755 to a Gigabyte G31-ES2L setup with a E8400 but I'm going back to the 755 as I had a processor that wouldn't work in the 755 but would in the gigabyte...so 755 Hackintosh here I come again. If you want the Boot132 I will host it just say the word.

-Moog

Not sure why I can't post/download from MoogDiesel so.....Make a new account is what I did.

Anyway I can't remember exactly where I got my Boot132 CD but I can host image. I take no credit for it as it was someone else's. But I am rebuilding a 755 for a snow leopard build. I had switched from 755 to a Gigabyte G31-ES2L setup with a E8400 but I'm going back to the 755 as I had a processor that wouldn't work in the 755 but would in the gigabyte...so 755 Hackintosh here I come again. If you want the Boot132 I will host it just say the word.

-Moog

I can't tell you how i was touch by this post, i almost cry.

yes it would be great if you can do it.

thanks a lot Moog !!!

ps : if you can add few notes (not long just a fast tuto), i'm so noob without ideneb

-Moog

Dear Moogle

I think people are more intreasted in SL now ;)

we would more appreciate with your guide to install SL on Dell 755 more :D:P hehe

Anyways , I Tried totally vinialla guilde and didn't work out ... endless loop of many kinds of error .

and I tried few more guide with some boot cds too .... they don't boot well with DELL 755 ? I've no idea ...

does any Dell 755 user got SL running ?

(background noise ..... Boot up you Bitxxxxx .... God Daxx IT ..... Come on .. Get to the chopper ...... .. ) :(

• 3 weeks later...

I've got just the basics of SL 10.6 installed on my Dell Optiplex 755. 2.2 Ghz Core 2 Duo, ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT, 6GB.

I followed the lifehacker.com guide, and just didn't install all of his customized stuff for his hardware. After adding fakesmc, I was able to get up and running, and installed onto a disk. I still need to track down some drivers, now, since my display, network, and probabaly sound (not tested) aren't working.

So, modest success... Any pointers from anyone on drivers, let me know.

• 2 months later...
I have a Optiplex 755 SFF and trying to get the GMA 3100 and the Audio working on it. Have you guys had any luck with these drivers? If so can you post some links plz? Thanks alot.

I did lots of surfing and research on the GMA 3100. It does not work. There are no Kext for it. Only the kext for the mobile chipset is working and it is GMAx3100. That kext does not make the desktop chip work. You will need to get a PCIe card. Optiplex 330 core 2 duo uses the same video

• 2 months later...
I got OS X 10.5.6 running on my optiplex 745 at work. The installation went fine, I got sound, networking, etc. I would like to try to update to 10.5.7, but the last time I did, the system just went into a constant reboot. Does anyone know of a safe method I can use to do the upgrade? I had used iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 for my initial install.

I am also having a problem when ever I have to install an application that has a .dmg extention. The OS always crash with this kernel screen.

3617763248_6f2c45c9bf.jpg

I could never get the Boot-132 working, even tho I bought Leopard. I was successful in installing iPC 10.5.x on my Dell Optiplex 745 MT. I have a 8500GT video card so it works fine, but no sound/ethernet. What drivers did you use to get your sound & networking working? Can you post them here or give me the link?

Thanx in advance....

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone got osx86 running on a Dell OptiPlex 755 quad yet? I'm about to give it a go.. looking to save myself some time.

Thanks!

I got my Dell Optiplex 755 running today doing a fresh install of Snow Leopard 10.6 with little to no hacking of any sort. I am currently typing this from it and everything is working good so far (internet included) which is a Intel 82566 DM but used a MM kext to make it work. If anyone wants to know how I did it, I can post a guide, but this thread is older so I dunno who all is still trying to make this work, but if you are like me and want it to, let me know.

EDIT: Did a retail install of Snow Leopard, no torrents or anything to download, retail .dmg restore to a USB drive

- tay187

Dell Optiplex 755

Intel Core 2 Duo

ATi Graphics Card

On-board Intel LAN

Dear Moogle

I think people are more intreasted in SL now :)

we would more appreciate with your guide to install SL on Dell 755 more :D:P hehe

Anyways , I Tried totally vinialla guilde and didn't work out ... endless loop of many kinds of error .

and I tried few more guide with some boot cds too .... they don't boot well with DELL 755 ? I've no idea ...

does any Dell 755 user got SL running ?

(background noise ..... Boot up you Bitxxxxx .... God Daxx IT ..... Come on .. Get to the chopper ...... .. ) :(

I have it mostly figured out, I can post a guide and all the kext files I used if you still want it

I would sure love to know how you did it. it will convince me to finally take that step. thanks

I got my Dell Optiplex 755 running today doing a fresh install of Snow Leopard 10.6 with little to no hacking of any sort. I am currently typing this from it and everything is working good so far (internet included) which is a Intel 82566 DM but used a MM kext to make it work. If anyone wants to know how I did it, I can post a guide, but this thread is older so I dunno who all is still trying to make this work, but if you are like me and want it to, let me know.

EDIT: Did a retail install of Snow Leopard, no torrents or anything to download, retail .dmg restore to a USB drive

- tay187

Dell Optiplex 755

Intel Core 2 Duo

ATi Graphics Card

On-board Intel LAN

I have it mostly figured out, I can post a guide and all the kext files I used if you still want it

I have successfully gotten OS X 10.6 installed and working beautifully on the Optiplex 755. Mine has the Core 2 Duo processor, but I don't think that makes that much difference. I used the retail DVD even to get it installed.

I did the whole, restore Mac OS X DVD to a portable hard drive / jump drive first of all. (Need a working mac or vm of mac to do this part)

After that I downloaded the bootloader program made for the Gigabyte Board (attached below), verison 3!! The other versions gave me huge resolutions my monitor wouldn't recognize.

Once that was downloaded, I ran it and installed it to the jump drive I created

**THEN! Before booting to it, you have to go into the 'Extra' folder it created on the jump drive and delete a file "DSDT.aml" file or it will get a kernal panic!**

Then the rest of the install is cake. Make sure you have your BIOS set to boot off the USB drive and boot into it

Go through the install steps all the way. When you get all the way through your internet wont be working, so use the KEXT and KEXT helper (attached below) and install the Intel82566MM.kext file (even tho mine says its a DM) and it worked first time for me.

Now, before rebooting again, re run the same program for the Gigabyte Board and run it on the actual Hard Drive of the computer. AGAIN.. go find the 'Extra' folder it created at the root and delete the same DSDT file and now you can reboot without having your jump drive in the machine.

Internet is working, the graphics are good, I dont have speakers to test the sound, but thats not real important to me at this point, but maybe down the road... hit me up if you have questions...

-tay187

EDIT: DONT UPDATE TO 10.6.3 it broke my internet and I had to reinstall

EDIT: Attached the files I used minus the Kext Helper installer to simplify the process

I cant get the file I used from the Gigabyte Board to upload, but if you search 'tay187' under search I somehow got it to post while replying to another forum list... it's in the iDeneb one... I got it posted there if you cant find it online....

EDIT: Messing around with this a lot today, but I downloaded the 10.6.2 update from Apple's site... deleted the Intel kext from the extensions folder... installed the update... rebooted and reinstalled the same kext and i now have 10.6.2 w/ internet ;)

Intel82566MM.kext.zip

how did you manage for the sound, i'm been looking for a good KEXT the last 48h

Anyway, everything is ok thanks.

i use like you daid your file : EP45UD3P OSx86 v3

network card: i use your intel82566MM.kext

video card : i use NVEnabler 64.kext

Does the NVEnabler you used add the full graphics support?? If so... could you post it please? And I dont have speakers at work to test the sound... so I doubt I have it working and don't have a .kext to help... sorry

Does the NVEnabler you used add the full graphics support?? If so... could you post it please? And I dont have speakers at work to test the sound... so I doubt I have it working and don't have a .kext to help... sorry

Try mine attache in my post.

And tell me if graphics is full supported because i can't tell you.

all i know is that i have know all resolution and no more graphic "lag"NVEnabler_64.kext.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting posts about using the EP45-UD3P Installer, I actually built a system a few months ago around an EP45-UD3P board which works really well with that installer but I didn't think to use that for the 755.

I run the IT for my family's company and needed another workstation the other day. I was about to start ordering another Mac mini when I remembered the 755 sitting on the shelf in the back of my office. I pulled it down and used an 8GB USB drive with a retail Snow Leopard DVD image on it and installed the myHack Installer with it.

Install went beautifully and then it updated via Software Update to 10.6.3 without a hitch. On board NIC works with aforementioned kext, running an NVIDIA 8400GS 256MB card with NVInject, on board sound still not working after trying 2 different kexts :\ however this machine really doesn't need sound for its role.

Anyhow I'm really happy with my latest hackintosh, let me know if anyone would like more detail and keep up the great work guys! ^_^

• 1 month later...
Interesting posts about using the EP45-UD3P Installer, I actually built a system a few months ago around an EP45-UD3P board which works really well with that installer but I didn't think to use that for the 755.

I run the IT for my family's company and needed another workstation the other day. I was about to start ordering another Mac mini when I remembered the 755 sitting on the shelf in the back of my office. I pulled it down and used an 8GB USB drive with a retail Snow Leopard DVD image on it and installed the myHack Installer with it.

Install went beautifully and then it updated via Software Update to 10.6.3 without a hitch. On board NIC works with aforementioned kext, running an NVIDIA 8400GS 256MB card with NVInject, on board sound still not working after trying 2 different kexts :\ however this machine really doesn't need sound for its role.

Anyhow I'm really happy with my latest hackintosh, let me know if anyone would like more detail and keep up the great work guys! :wacko:

Were you able to get sleep to work? I wasn't able to with my 755.

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone,

I am very new to osx. I have a Dell Optiplex 755 USFF, Core2Duo E6550 2.33ghz, 2gb RAM, 160gb HD, Intel GMA 3100 graphics and ADI 1984 High Definition Audio built in. Has anyone here installed Snow leopard successfully on this system? I am unsure of what distro to use and kexts to check in the installation process. Please help!