Argh,can't install OS X!

Ludvig M

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

Last week i had JaS OS X 10.4.8 installed on my computer and it ran perfect!

But yesterday i bought an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ CPU and AsRock AM2NF3-VSTA motherboard, because i wanted more speed.

So then i tryed to boot JaS Mac OS X 10.4.8 - some lines come up and after that it just sayed "Still waiting for root device".

I thought maybe it's the SATA disk, so i removed the SATA disk and puted in a IDE disk, but same {censored} are coming up.

I tryed to boot with rd=disk0s1, then it only stops after Kernel Version: Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1 blablablabla...

And I have checked 10.4.8 Hardware Compatibility List, and it says that my setup is ok.

So, you have any ideas?

Sorry for my english!!!

*Sorry for double topics* :blink: I dont know how to remove the other topic :)

Last week i had JaS OS X 10.4.8 installed on my computer and it ran perfect!

But yesterday i bought an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ CPU and AsRock AM2NF3-VSTA motherboard, because i wanted more speed.

So then i tryed to boot JaS Mac OS X 10.4.8

I had the same problem with 10.4.8 and an am2 mobo. The only way to get it to see hard drive for me was to hook the ide one up with the ide dvd-rw and put the dvd-rw and hard drive on the SAME cable and put the dvd-rw on the primary and the hard drive on the secondary. And It will boot fine.

When i puted my DVD drive to Primary and my HDD to slave in the same cable, it doesnt even find my HDD. :D What mistake do i?

The DVD i use is Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].

That will mean it support AMD, right?

But do i have to make any changes or things like that before installation, only because im using AMD?

Edit: I also have a External USB Hard Drive. Maybe that would help.

Sry for my eng, it really sucks, but i hope you understand!

I have the same thing on Intel dp35dp motherbaord. No matter what combination i have used : still waiting for root device.

But, installation is possible (i have done it) with an external usb cdrom.

Now i just have to get past the "com.apple.bootlist......

Seems like the kext on the install releases do not get properly matched to the hardware on the motherboard. I was able to use a Leo install done on another hackintosh based a asus mb.

So still work in progress.

Happy hacking.