Disk Utility and SATA Issue!

tonycelestino

6 posts in this topic

Hello all and thank you for reading this post.

I have a Notebook with the following configuration:

manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

product HP Pavilion dv2312us

processor AMD Turion 64 X2

clock speed 1600.0MHz

Instructions MMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, x86-64

Memory Type DDR2

Memory Size 2048 MBytes

Hard Drive 120GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)

Chipset

Northbridge NVIDIA GeForce 6150 rev. A2

Southbridge NVIDIA nForce 410/430 MCP rev. A3

OS Windows Vista Home Premium

I have the Mac OS X 10.4.8 JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2 Installer DVD.

I am following these tutorials for the installation:

- http://coolblog.profit42.com/2007/04/07/os...indows-machine/

- http://tgrounds.blogspot.com/2007/05/osx86-on-pc.html

I burned the DVD with no problem, I have reserved a 18Gb partition for the Mac OS X and I have used the "diskpart" utility from Vista to create a Mac partition.

Everything is just fine, but after a boot from the DVD to install the system I'm not able to see my Hard Drive in the Disk Utility, and so I cannot format the partition and continue with the installation process.

It is like if the Mac OS didn't recognize my HD.

I have been searching the Internet for a solution, but I was unfortunate. All I could found was that Disk Utility had some kind of bug in the initial release from Jas, but that it was fixed with PPF2

Another issue is related to the SATA drive, I have seen in some posts that it is not supported in Mac OS Tiger. But how did people with HP notebook installed on their system if they have SATA drivers? This information is correct? And if it is correct, is there a solution or is it definitively impossible to install? Does Leopard presents the same issue?

All that being said, I am here begging for a solution.

Ps: Please don't tell me to download another version of the DVD (unless you know exactly wich one and where to find it), especially Uphuck, since demon is down it is impossible to download this version.

heres your problem --> Southbridge NVIDIA nForce 410/430 MCP

OSx doesn't work with the nforce 430 series chip sets in combination with sATA sorry. :lol:

Thanks for the reply Luthian. It is a shame that I am not going to be able to install the OS. :(

I think I am going to start saving money for a MacBook! :P

Since I cannot install it into my SATA HD, is it possible to install in an external USB Hard driver?

Thanks!