Starting CPU 01 hang

hitman38

4 posts in this topic

Hi all

I am trying to get osx 10.4.9 running on my PC but hangs on startup with the "starting CPU 01". I am using the Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2] install dvd which work great, but when using the Mac_OS_X_10.4.9_AMD_update_by_Myzar i get the "starting CPU 01" hang. I have tried disabling one of the CPU core but there is no option for that on my mobo.

the specs of my system are:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2Ghz Dual Core CPU (Socket 939)

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

2GB DDR 400 RAM

80GB seagate PATA hard drive

Nvidia Geforce 6600GT 256MB

Onboard Sound

Onboard LAN

Any help would be great

Hi all

I am trying to get osx 10.4.9 running on my PC but hangs on startup with the "starting CPU 01". I am using the Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2] install dvd which work great, but when using the Mac_OS_X_10.4.9_AMD_update_by_Myzar i get the "starting CPU 01" hang. I have tried disabling one of the CPU core but there is no option for that on my mobo.

the specs of my system are:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2Ghz Dual Core CPU (Socket 939)

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

2GB DDR 400 RAM

80GB seagate PATA hard drive

Nvidia Geforce 6600GT 256MB

Onboard Sound

Onboard LAN

Any help would be great

You can try cpus=1 as a boot flag.

However, this was where my 10.4.11 crashed until I realized ACPI did not work. I fixed it by using kext from working 10.4.10 install. So it may have nothing to do with dual cpus.

I worked what i needed to do, there two kexts that get replace when install the 10.4.9 update "ApplwSMBios.kext" and "AppleACPIPlatform.kext" i backed up the these kexts from the 10.4.8 install and replaced them after the 10.4.9 update and it all works great.

I am now able to install and use iLife '08 (except iDVD)