p5k-e Flat install Problems/Sucess?

ZooL58

4 posts in this topic

I have a ASUS P5K-E DELUXE WI-FI and am trying to a flat install on a 10,000RPM raptor SATA drive. I have been sucessful up until the "grey apple screen" at this screen the circular status stops and hangs. I booted -v and found an issue with HPET, so I deleted the INTELCPUPROWERMANAGEMENT.KEXT, and still have the same problem. I'm looking for your experiences good and bad and how we can help each other. Hope someone has found a fix. I was sucessful on my lenovo laptop in running OSX86 but nothing on my main rig. So I look forward to hearing your recommendations! Thanks

so leopard is booting for you from harddisk or only if u have dvd in?

if it is booting can u tell me how you did it? did u prepare the hardisk with some programm or just used the disk manager in leopard install to make new partition? i have problems that i cant boot. only via dvd.

oh and which leopard version are u using?

Mike

I have the Flat install realease I think it is brazil GM 10.5. It will not boot. Hangs on apple logo screen.... I can't boot from a CD at all. I am soo close with flat install, I know I'm just missing a small piece.

Dustin

ok i am no sure what the flat install is. i am using the retail version patched with Brazil Mac.

but basically. i had my issues aswell in booting and installing. my IDE DVD drive i had to use with an USB IDE adapter. then it worked installing.

and u have to go in bios to SATA settings and choose ahci.

maybe i am missunderstanding your problem. can u explain again, where are u stuck? waht is not working and what is working.