Leopard without QE/CI

GoldenChaos

4 posts in this topic

I'm currently running uphuck 1.4a Tiger 10.4.9 (so this is an AMD machine, yes), very happily I might add. I've come to terms with the fact that my Radeon Xpress 200M will probably never have proper drivers written for it, and thus I'll never get QE/CI. I'm fine with that. This is my laptop - I don't need to play games, and it still runs incredibly smooth. I plan on installing uphuck's iATKOS release as soon as it's available.

However, I'm a huge fan of the 3D dock in Leopard.

Do I get that without QE/CI? Or will it default to the silly 2D dock? What other effects do I also lose by not having QE and CI support?

That's wonderful to hear. Does it run as smooth as the 2D dock - and, in general, is the interface still as snappy as Tiger's was, even without QE/CI? I can say that Tiger's interface is the smoothest and quickest I've ever used in a computer (especially since I haven't used a mac since the PowerMacs of the ye olde 20th century), and I do hope that Leopard's is just as quick, if not snappier.

Answers,

Does it run as smooth as the "2D Dock" in Leopard?

-To me they seem they run about the same. I don't notice any difference at all. Well except for the 2D and 3D thing.

Is the interface still as snappy as Tiger was?

-I haven't used it much, but when checking out system profiler, using finder, and using firefox, it seemed about the same as my Tiger install on my system.

I do not use Leopard much though, well really not at all. I just like the Tiger interface and functioning more right now (sorta of the same reason I am sticking with XP over Vista also). So take this with a grain of salt.

Have fun.