Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R

11 posts in this topic

Hi Draco1976,

Set HDD's to AHCI and native. I used USB external DVD drive but yes sata drive works. If you go that route, put sata Dvd drive on 0 & your HDD on 1. I usually use pioneer DVD drives for installation, DVR 111, although many should work. You should select your DVD drive from the list in the bios (you should be able to see it in the list). Sound input/output and lan can be got to work with kexts from this site.

Good Luck.

I bought the same mobo - now it sits inside my new macpro case togehter with a Q6600, 8800 GTS 640 and a scythe fan. I have to rearrange the psu cables in order to have everything nice inside the case. unfortunately my leo isn´t running... hope you get finished with your german how to?

I'm looking at this board, but I'm curious if the built-in Intel GMA 3100 works or not? From what I've been able to figure out, it seems as though it isn't supported yet and that a driver is in development. If it doesn't work, maybe I would consider getting the P35 version instead and save some money (although the difference is only $5.00). I like these boards for their 8 SATA ports and RAID features.

I would be using it as a NAS, so fast graphics aren’t a priority for this build (I was integrated by not having to buy a GPU) - just compatibility at the lowest price point. I was thinking about pairing the mobo with a Pentium Dual Core E2160. Out of curiosity, does anyone have any other ideas that might lower the overall cost?

Thanks!

@Jaw3000

Intel GMA3100 doesn´t work yet. But they are already searching for an solution. Just by a cheap 7300GT or 7600GT card. They are fully supported.

Go for the Pentium Dual-Core E2160 it already has SSSE3, with the EFI patch your CPU is fully supported and you are able to run your system in 64Bit mode.

So far,

Drako

• 6 months later...

Hi guys, what about the GA-G33M-S2L? Any known issue? I bought this one instead of the -DS2R due to its lower cost and the 2 additional USB in the back. I hope that S2L compatibility is the same of DS2R version.

Bye bye

Marco