No booting

Basje

7 posts in this topic

Ok, i finaly managed to succesfully install Uphuck 1.3 i have a Intel Centrino SSE2 and i chose the SSE2 Kernel, the pc i am installing on is a VAIO VGN-A115M. I installed it lot's of times, cleaned my disk 35 times got the MBR partition and the (journal) format. who can help me with getting this to work

Problems:

Mac won't boot, boot screen won't go away and circel keeps spinning

Greatz and please help

• 3 weeks later...

how about if you post more details? how about if you search the forums for your problems before you post questions?

I'd bet that a very high percentage of people who post here had the exact same problem you had when they installed (I did! Different machine, different build), so there is a lot of discussion about how to boot, how to find out what's wrong and ways to solve problems. Google is your friend, the search link above is your friend.

Good luck!

And how shall I fix "Mac won't boot, boot screen won't go away and circel keeps spinning"? Is it a hardware problem? Perhaps a device isn't responding? Maybe a driver isn't working. The OS might not be able to access a file with the wrong permissions. Maybe a driver is missing. Maybe it's the wrong version of the driver. Maybe circels always spin. There is no detail on what could be wrong, so I can't fix anything. No one else can either, so they're not posting.

Boot with the -v switch to get more details. Boot with -s and do some maintenance, like permissions repairing. Try another OS X DVD, since you're using an obsolete one. Look up your hardware in the forums/compatibility lists. If you can't get this basic information on your own, you'll hit many more roadblocks in OSX86 that you won't be able to fix, so buying a Macintosh or sticking with Linux/Windows may be the least frustrating.

Bumping a topic 3 or 4 times is unnecessary. If no one is replying, there's probably a reason.