No sound - No QE\CI. Help?

Nadav_Peretz

2 posts in this topic

Hey there ;)

Well, I bought a new computer last week (specs are right in the sig), and I have some problems.

It's not my first time installing a Mac, I installed it more than 6 times in the past year. (also, my old computer died because of a Mac - it overloaded him)

My first problem is QE\CI. When I move a window it gets toasted on my screen. I can't really explain that but it happened on my old computer too. I installed the 5200FX drivers and it fixed it on my old computer.

I read some topics inside the forum and saw that the 8 Series of nvidia is not supported yet. That means I can't do any QE\CI?

and to my other problem - I have a Realtek ALC862 @ Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller built on my motherboard.

no sound is coming out. I tried this method, since there is no topic on my sound card.

Anyway, When I try to patch using the patcher he made, I get a kernel panic.

Is there is any solutions for the above problems?

Also, is the 8 series and the sonudcard supported in Leopard? (ToH RC2)

Thank you for reading, and sorry for my English ;)

There has been considerable support and success reported for the 8800gts model but little else. With apple moving toward the ati cards, support might be a while in coming for your particular card since the 8500gt isn't offered by apple.