Please help if you have OSX working on a T61 Thinpad

paOol

6 posts in this topic

i know that most stuff works on a T60

but that doesnt help me since i have a T61.

a/b/g atheros for wireless

and a 140M Quadro for video card

stock sound card

stock ethernet card

if you have any of these working on your T61

please post the 3rd party drivers used, kexts, or whatever guide.

none of them work for me out of the box.

thanks

• 7 months later...

On 10.5.1 or 10.5.2 or 10.5.3

a/b/g atheros for wireless

- yes, just need to add device id in IO80....kext

and a 140M Quadro for video card

- just resolution can be changed in com.apple.Boot, iniect methods don't work so no QE/CI

stock sound card

- ADI 1984 not yet, waiting for taruga's v2.0 patch

stock ethernet card

- no

I'm stuck with this Lenovo T61. I've attempted to load OSX on it with Leo4All. I was able to get the OS to load, but most peripherals don't work. I've heard that others have been able to load OSX on T61's. My problem is that my T61 has the Intel through and through.

Video Intel GMA X3100 - works (correct resolution, didn't try external monitor)

Audio AD1984HD - doesn't work, none of the supplied drivers worked

Wifi Intel PRO/Wireles 3945ABG - doesn't show up at all

LAN Intel - doesn't show up at all

PC Card - I was able to get the PC card slots to work and used a LAN card to get Internet. I do not have a compatible wifi PC Card.

• 4 months later...
I'm stuck with this Lenovo T61. I've attempted to load OSX on it with Leo4All. I was able to get the OS to load, but most peripherals don't work. I've heard that others have been able to load OSX on T61's. My problem is that my T61 has the Intel through and through.

Video Intel GMA X3100 - works (correct resolution, didn't try external monitor)

Audio AD1984HD - doesn't work, none of the supplied drivers worked

Wifi Intel PRO/Wireles 3945ABG - doesn't show up at all

LAN Intel - doesn't show up at all

PC Card - I was able to get the PC card slots to work and used a LAN card to get Internet. I do not have a compatible wifi PC Card.

I used kalyway 10.5.2 on my T61. Got the sound to work thru internal speakers..had to buy a ibm a/b/g wireless card with Atheros chip to get wireless working. I have been able to get video working with CI/QE but slow openGL scores.

Saw on some other threads it looks like folks are getting the ethernet to maybe work. My problem is i haven't been able to apply any updates or my system craps out.

• 1 month later...

I have 10.5.2 working on a T61. I have no sound, Network card (Intel 82566) is working. The problem that I have is when I try to upgrade to 10.5.3. I have follow many instructions from different people, all of them work but at the end I get to a black screen and I haven't found yet how to fix the black screen issue. Some people says to movevideodrivers but there are no real instructions on what to move. Others say to remove some kext files for other Video cards. I have tried but with no luck. So I'm tired of installing upgrading so I guess I'm staying with 10.5.2 with no sound.

• 6 months later...