Random Kernel Panics...

SilverTab

5 posts in this topic

I'm using Kalyway's 10.4.10 install and had no problems for several days (Wireless networking is working, sound is working, etc etc)... It's been running quite smoothly and today out of the blue I just had 2 kernel panics in like 20 minutes...

Can't remember what I was doing exactly when the first one happened, the second one, I was just "searching" for something in the Finder (i.e. I started typing in the Seach box at the top right of every finder window to search for a file)... and bam... it hit again....

I looked for panic.log under Library/Log but it's not there... I have no idea what could be causing it since it's just so random and 90% of the time it runs smooooothly...

My hardware is:

Pentium D 2.8ghz, 1gb Ram

Networking: Lynksys WUSB54GC (Working with rt73 driver's, modified KEXT)...

Graphic: NVidia GeForce 6200TC

OS X Version: 10.4.10 from Kaliway (which I have to say is very impressive)

Anyone could help me on this one? If I could at least find a log or something! I got nothing to work with here...

When it happened, I was running: Firefox, Transmission and XCode...

Well, you are running a Pentium D - so it's not wrong. And come to think of it, I only got random kernel panics without that on single core CPUs, so - nevermind (though - you can type it on startup - you know when you get the chance to enter startup options, or put it into the com.apple.boot.plist in the /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/ folder - for those with single cores who experience random kps)

Patrick