Sleep: GA-P35-DS4, wakes, mouse buttons work, no movement.

adrian.c

5 posts in this topic

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

I've got a GA-P35-DS4 with a C2D Q6600, 8GB of RAM, and a 7900GS. I've also got 2 x 500GB Hitachi SATA drives, and a Pioneer ATA DVD burner.

Everything works, except sleep (of course). But it's a very weird problem, and I feel like it might be solvable.

Here's what happens -- if I go to Apple Menu -> Sleep, the system shuts off, no LED indicating sleep or anything. When I press the power button to resume, the display resumes (using Natit_Dual v0.02), network, keyboard, sound, and everything comes back, except for the mouse. The mouse buttons work, including scroll wheel to move to another spaces workspace, right-click, etc, however, the mouse cursor won't move. Sometimes it moves about an inch after repeatedly trying to move it across the desk, but most of the time, it doesn't move, but the buttons all work.

dmesg and system.log have just the following lines:

Nov 7 22:00:18 toad kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Unwanted Direction Change X: oldDx=5 dx=-48

Nov 7 22:00:18 toad kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Unwanted Direction Change Y: oldDy=5 dy=-48

I'm not sure if there's a way to try to reinitialize the USB mouse kext, or something else I can try.

I've tried re-plugging the mouse, no avail.

I had Steermouse installed, tried uninstalling it.

I've also tried with both AppleSMBIOS v.1.0.11 and v.1.0.6, both with the same results.

Also using the ALC889a kext and IONetworkingFamily kext for Time Machine.

Any ideas?

I have the p35-ds4 and can wake with no issues. I have a 7900GT a Microsoft usb mouse, don't know if it is your mouse or the amount of ram that makes the difference between your setup and mine. Do you have another mouse to try?

Other thought, are you suing this via a usb hub? Then try without hub to see.

I've got an original MS Intellimouse Explorer that I tried and had the same issue. I'll try booting with just that mouse and see if it makes a difference. Also tried without the hub, directly into a USB port on the motherboard.

What BIOS version are you running on your DS4?

Are you using natit dual as well?

I've got an original MS Intellimouse Explorer that I tried and had the same issue. I'll try booting with just that mouse and see if it makes a difference. Also tried without the hub, directly into a USB port on the motherboard.

What BIOS version are you running on your DS4?

Are you using natit dual as well?

Thanks to hackcat, I tried unplugging the second monitor, and sleep/wake works just fine.

Now to try getting dual displays working without natit_dual and trying again.

• 1 year later...

dude i feel you, i had the same problem i went crazy for the longest time. searching forums and everything to no avail. seems that nobody has found the solution, but i think i may have finally found the solution to put htis problem to rest.

i went into settings, keyboard & mouse, trackpad, disable ignore unwanted trackpad movements.

i think that's what's causing the error to happen after sleep or even if the computer stays untouched for a long period of time.

i also didnt have ignore trackpad when mouse is present checked, so i guess the os confused my mouse with the trackpad and kept trying to block the movements. tell me if this works, and lets spread it around because there are sooo many people with this problem.