Weird Video issues on Dell Latitude D820

codylc

4 posts in this topic

I just got done installing Jas 10.4.8 (Version 2 i believe) on my Dell Latitude D820.

When I start up (I haven't configured any dual boot options yet), of course I see Darwin flash, the nice big (grey & white) apple (which looks normal), and then random white horizontal lines will flash across the screen.

After that the results vary, it'll load the OS but it'll look really narrow and I can't see the mouse, although i can click around and move it, its just missing and I'm guessing where I'm clicking. I managed to click around to get to the display settings and it was showing 800 x 1280 res, without any other options.

If it doesn't do that, the screen will be rotated, can see the mouse, but it's still in that 800 x 1280 res. Or the screen will be black.

It seems pretty fair to say that it's a video issue, right? :D

Here's more system specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz with one core disabled in bios

1 GB of RAM

Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit

Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN

Seagate 100 GB SATA HDD

Nvidia Quadro NVS 120M

I'm sure this is simple, but I'm still SUCH a noob at this that I can't figure it out besides it being the wrong video driver.

Please help :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

I have the exact same system as codylc and am experiencing the following problems with ToH's release of 10.5.0 Leopard:

• Video cannot be changed from 1024x768 (whereas my screen is the SXGA+ at 1680x1050)
  • No sound (like mostly everyone else with the D820)
  • Cannot manage to install MBR correctly, so I have to use bootcd all the time

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA