Help Installing Mac OS X 10.4.9 (KILL3R) on AMD Laptop

Scorp16

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to these forums and I searched around but I couldn't find a topic about my problem.

I believe this is the right section to be posting this topic but if it's not I will repost in the proper sections or if an admin could move the topic that would be cool.

So here's my problem. I Install 10.4.9 (KILL3R) uphuck installer 1.3. I'm installing to en external HD. I can see and erase the external through the Mac Installer using Disk Utility. It creates the partition and I can see the partition in the Installer. I install to that partition selecting the drivers I want from the expandable menus. The install goes fine but at the end when it wants to restart is where the issue it. I click restart than it goes to a DOS and says (I will check to make sure that's exactly what it says when I get home later):

Restart

Done

Mach

It freezes here. I have to turn off the laptop by holding the power button. Once I turn it back on I select to boot from the external HD but it doesn't see it as a bootable drive I'm guessing because it boots to my WinXP which is on my internal HD.

Computer Specs:

CPU: 1.6GHz AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50 (SSE3)

CPU Cache: 256KB+256KB L2 Cache

Memory: 1 Gig

Thanks

Often, the plist not found message occurs when the partition is not formatted properly for OSX. The partition should be a primary partition set to MBR mode (found in disk utility, partition, options) instead of guid mode. If you have an nforce chipset, this can also pose problems with the os seeing the drives as bootable. In some of the newer install disks, uphuck, kalyway, XxX, and Mac.Nub, there are some possible (although not guaranteed) fixes for this that can be checked before actual installation.

I was having problems with the MBR actually. I wasn't setting it when I was getting my initial problem with the restart freezing but when I do set it to a MBR I get the plist problem now.

I do have a NVIDIA chipset, NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 Chipset.

Here is the guide I am following : http://######.com/software/osxusbnative.htm

The only part that confuses me in the guide is this part:

"Once partitioning is done, follow these steps:

Click you new volume from the left (e.g. OS X USB in this case)

Click the Erase tab

Click the Erase button and click Erase again in the dialog that pops up"

I followed these steps but that part doesn't make sense. I create a partition with a MBR than I have to erase it. Maybe someone else can recommend another guide.

While installing the options for drivers and what not come up. I choose 10.4.9 AMD. Do I need to select a patch? I'm not sure what all the patches do but 2 of them say they might be needed for AMD so I tried formatting with them once and it didn't seem to help much.

I think the problem I may be having is the drivers...

Could someone tell me which drivers I should be selecting with my specs?

Laptop Specs:

CPU: 1.6GHz AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50 (SSE3)

CPU Cache: 256KB+256KB L2 Cache

Memory: 1 Gig

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

Also I'm trying:

Mac OS X 10.4.9 (KILL3R)

JaS 10.4.8

JaS 10.4.7

All as seperate installs, none seem to work.

Thanks