KEEP GETTIN CHAIN BOOTING ERROR! HELP

kookitan

3 posts in this topic

i was dual booting vista and xp... got osx on my 3rd partition....

it worked properly, i also could fress f8 and boot into xp... but vista never booted..... so i used my vista recovery disk and clicked on start up options.

now i tried easy BCD, got the chain booting error... replaced the chain0 file and modified the boot.ini and still the same chian booting error.

what am i doing wrong?

i dunno what im doing wrong. im sure its a simple trick im missing out on....

vista and xp work perfectly bythemselves...

osx works perfectly byitself.

when i press f8 with the darwin bootloader. i can boot up only xp, vista gives me a booting error.

i used windows recovery to get the vista bootloader.

easy BCD keeps giving me a chain booting error.

ive added the chain0 file to the root drives of c:(xp) and d:(vista)

someone please help

Does chain0 also need to be on your D: drive? Since your startup drive is C: (by default), then chain0 should be there I would think. Have you amended boot.ini to include win on D: as an additional entry?

I'm actually guessing here as I don't run Vista on my setup, but Mac OS X86 only has an entry in the boot.ini file on the C: drive (boot drive) of my PC and that allows me to access it even though it's on an entirely different drive (USB external).

However, I'm not sure of my ground - I can't see the harm in modding the boot.ini file to include a phantom OS but I'd hate to hose your system. I hope this bumps your query so that somebody who knows what they're talking about will step up and answer your question.