PRIMARY PARTITION has ruined everything!

kushaltan

3 posts in this topic

ive successfully installed the jas 10.4.8 os on my pc before.....

im running 2 hard disks.... disk 0 has 3 partitions. c: xp d:vista and e:mac os

the other hdd is for media n stuff

i could not get it to tri boot with easy BCD.... and i was told that it was cuz my mac os partition had to be PRIMARY AND NOT LOGICAL.

i downloaded partition manager n converted the drive to primary.....

NOW EVERYTHINGS RUINED.. I CANT INSTALL THE MAC OS... DISK UTILITY REFUSES TO ERASE AND FORMAT IT...

and i cant even change it back to logical using partition magic or the vista dvd...

WHAT HAS TO BE DONE? :)

ive successfully installed the jas 10.4.8 os on my pc before.....

im running 2 hard disks.... disk 0 has 3 partitions. c: xp d:vista and e:mac os

the other hdd is for media n stuff

i could not get it to tri boot with easy BCD.... and i was told that it was cuz my mac os partition had to be PRIMARY AND NOT LOGICAL.

i downloaded partition manager n converted the drive to primary.....

NOW EVERYTHINGS RUINED.. I CANT INSTALL THE MAC OS... DISK UTILITY REFUSES TO ERASE AND FORMAT IT...

and i cant even change it back to logical using partition magic or the vista dvd...

WHAT HAS TO BE DONE? :)

You have partition magic.

You will find in Program Files, Partition Magic an undocumented program PTEDIT32.EXE

From Windows XP, start that program.

You can use it to manually edit your partition table.

Find the partition that is type AF. That is your OS X partition. Change all the values for that partition to 0.

Be very careful. If you do this to the wrong partition, you will delete everything on that partition. It is potentially recoverable by recreating your partition table, but don't count on being able to do it.

The space formerly occupied by OS X will become free space. You can then partition and format it in the usual way.