can i install mac osx86 on my pc ?

smooth3006

8 posts in this topic

i want to try to install osx on my pc. i downloaded the macnub 10.4.10 build.

here are my pc specs :

intel e6550 core 2 duo 2.33ghz cpu.

nvidia geforce 8600 gt 512mb.

2 gb ddr2 ocz ram.

gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L board.

160gb western digital sata 3.0gbs hdd.

soundblaster audigy se.

currently dual booting xp 64bit / vistas ultimate.

160 gb western digital external usb hdd.

onboard realtek gigabit ethernet rtl8168b / 8111b

onboard realtek high definition audio.

i can't find a specific thread on here that would help me with my current pc specs.

i need an install guide and want to make sure if i downloaded the right osx version ?

what will work on my pc and what won't ?

please guys, any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Smooth- I'm no expert (Noob here also) but everything I have read about the tiger installs all state that the 8800 series GPUs are not supported . There is also the fact that it is a 512 MB card. that would require a special GPU BIOS flash.

Smooth- I'm no expert (Noob here also) but everything I have read about the tiger installs all state that the 8800 series GPUs are not supported . There is also the fact that it is a 512 MB card. that would require a special GPU BIOS flash.

im mostly wondering about my mobo and sata hdd ? i have a 8600gt card not a 8800, so the gpu won't work either ?

Smooth-

My mistake. 8600 instead of the 8800. The problem remains in that none of the 8000 series is supported by the Tiger installs. There may be kekts or patches that can override this, but I would not know anything about that. As for your mobo and HDD, I think they should work just fine. Again- I'm no expert. I can't even get my intel D975XBX2 mobo to read any install disks despite it being HIGHLY recommended by experts on this site. I need help just like you. I just hope someone smarter than me can help us both. :(

can anybody recommend a good build to try to install ? i will be triple booting xp / vista / mac on the same hard drive. as of now i have the 10.4.10 build downloaded. and as far as my gpu not being supported, will i even be able to have any decent graphics / resolution ?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't give up hope on this particular board yet. I have been looking for other users comments on this board as well and so far it looks like everybody is using the DS3R and DS4 versions. I've tried the BrazilMac method using a patched retail DVD and so far I've got Leopard installed and it boots up fine. My 7600GT is recognized and QE/CI is working fine and Ethernet works. That's without installing any other kexts. Audio does not work yet and only 2 of the 4 sata ports work(02 and 03 don't work in OS X yet), for me anyway. I've tried the ICH9_Leo.zip found elsewhere here and I don't think its working for me. I just installed that ALC888Audio package and it hangs at boot for me so I'll have to remove that and try to figure that out. I'll report back here as I make more progress.