another weird WG311T problem

hotmonkeayc

3 posts in this topic

First a little background,

I'm using the Macdotnub 10.4.10 on a dell E520. Everything works fine except the onboard LAN (known issue). So I installed my Netgear Wireless WG311T because I've heard of it working. I reinstalled with the Atheos drivers and when I boot into OS X - TADA, the airport icon is there!

Well, I try to configure it and it says "Airport: Not Configured"....so I go into the Network settings and it's showing "Built-in Ethernet - The cable for Built-in Ethernet is not plugged in". I tried to remove the card, and reboot, and the airport is gone. I reinstall, and it shows up again. My question is, HOW CAN I CONFIGURE AIRPORT? It must be something I'm overlooking. I made sure my IO80211Family.kext was correct and even tried a previous version (10.4.5).

Any ideas?? Thanks for your time!

You have to edit the networkinterfaces.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and change en1 to en0. Search for it on the forum, it's because your ethernet doesn't work, so the airport must be set as the primary network device, rather than ethernet.