What Devices do you use on your OSx86 PC?

5 posts in this topic

Hi there!

I'm curious to hear what hardware and other peripherals people are using on their OSx86 PC. Here are some my experiences with Hardware on my OSx86 mPC:

I purchased Logitech Quickcam Chat (supported only in Windows) and downloaded Macam Driver for OS X (Open Source). I'm able to use the camera in CamFrog and iChat.

I have Canon MultiPass 390 Printer/Copier/Fax (again only supported in Windows). I actually bought PrintFab Driver for OS X because I tested out the trial version for 30 days. It worked like a charm so I decided to buy this Mac OS X product.

When I got Apple's Front Row up and working, I purchased Griffin's AirClick USB for Windows and Macintosh. The drivers that came on the CD-ROM weren't Universal and did not support Front Row. I went to Griffin's Website and downloaded Universal version that supported Front Row. I have been using AirClick USB with Front Row ever since.

I'd like to hear other people's stories about Hardware they are using. Please post when you can.

--danyel :censored2:

Hi there!

I'm curious to hear what hardware and other peripherals people are using on their OSx86 PC. Here are some my experiences with Hardware on my OSx86 mPC:

I purchased Logitech Quickcam Chat (supported only in Windows) and downloaded Macam Driver for OS X (Open Source). I'm able to use the camera in CamFrog and iChat.

I have Canon MultiPass 390 Printer/Copier/Fax (again only supported in Windows). I actually bought PrintFab Driver for OS X because I tested out the trial version for 30 days. It worked like a charm so I decided to buy this Mac OS X product.

When I got Apple's Front Row up and working, I purchased Griffin's AirClick USB for Windows and Macintosh. The drivers that came on the CD-ROM weren't Universal and did not support Front Row. I went to Griffin's Website and downloaded Universal version that supported Front Row. I have been using AirClick USB with Front Row ever since.

I'd like to hear other people's stories about Hardware they are using. Please post when you can.

--danyel ;)

(my emphasis) . . Leo has sorted the 10.4.10 audio input bug common to Logitech USB cameras . . most of 'em should work without any driver.

The hardware in my signature works in 10.4.10 & in Leo - the eSATA PCIe card is particularly useful since it supports hotplugging.